2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Viewing 15 posts - 1,876 through 1,890 (of 2,237 total)
  • Author

3/12/2024 heave
    Force of Nature by Lorenzo Quinn, depicting Mother Nature as she HEAVEs the earth, in her fury, out into the universe.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@indiana wrote:

@cvcalhoun, it’s great to be dedicated to the contest, but please put your health first! Hope you’re healing goes quickly and smoothly

I wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize my health, as witness the fact that I went to the emergency room at all. But the advice to rest isn’t to prevent long-term damage, it’s just that it might make me recover a bit more quickly. And the physical benefits of that have to be balanced against the mental benefits of getting out now that we have sunlight and good weather.

Laurie E.
    Participant

3/12/24 – Heave

When using weights, you have to ‘heave’ to lift them.

Laurie E.
    Participant

bikingjenn
    Participant

3/12/24 HEAVE, as in vomit, is what I wanted to do at 12:22 on a fantastic bike ride honoring bdays for John (80), JH (72), Marci (70) when I received a text with very bad news about a young family member. Instead, I took this beautiful photo

Kbikeva
    Participant

03/13/24  Your Wordle today is

LOCAL

Aaron bikes
    Participant

3/13/24 LOCAL

I biked to my LOCAL fire department 🚒 this morning (Station 4 in Clarendon) and was fortunate to have a firefighter help me capture a photo of one of their truck’s windows with the IAFF LOCAL 2800 sticker on it. She even helped stage the photo with props (hook and coat).

(Since the forum image resolution is low, I’ll point out that the Union sticker is on the bottom left corner and says “FIRE FIGHTERS   IAFF   LOCAL 2800   ARLINGTON, VA”. Read about them here: https://www.iaff2800.com/ )

As a bonus LOCAL connection, my next door neighbor is a labor lawyer who represents the Arlington Firefighters Union (LOCAL 2800) in contract negotiations with the county.

DCAKen
    Participant

3/13/24 Local

After a long bike ride, I don’t want that lo-cal froyo. I want real ice cream!

CBGanimal
    Participant

3/13/24 Local – Turtles are very local to this area of NC

bikingjenn
    Participant

3/13/24 LOCAL  Official third Wed Irregulars ride so they say I am in. Alternate ride today was to a local institution, Firehook. Shop local!

This croissant was flaky, savory, and delicious.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

3/13/24 LOCAL

Tryouts for the local soccer team.

Kbikeva
    Participant

Not for competition since I am a sponsor.

3/13/24 it doesn’t get much more local than, “Lucha Libre“

Nadine
    Participant

3/13/24 – local

I was tired from having ridden 73 miles yesterday, so today I opted for the shorter & flatter LOCAL Wednesday Irregular ride (as opposed to the more interesting longer WI ride in MD.)

Here’s the group at theFireHook Bakery

They look better in this pic, though I look better in the others. I’m not great at selfies 😁🤷🏻

consularrider
    Participant

#scavhunt – 3/13/2024 – In preparation of tomorrow’s International π Day, I stopped at ACME Pie, owned by our LOCAL Sol Schott,  on Columbia Pike for a slice of Meyer Lemon Chess pie and Rare Bird Coffee, another LOCAL

Mtansill
    Participant

3/13/24 – Local – This awesome store/cafe opened in College Park in December and sells only items made in Maryland – a number of which are local! Check it out if you’re in the neighborhood – they have classes and craft nights, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,876 through 1,890 (of 2,237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.