2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 2,237 total)
  • Author
    camiller
    Participant

2/28/2024  The color red is often associated with the DEVIL

Sophie CW
    Participant

2/28/24 – I think the Lunar New Year stamp kinda looks like a DEVIL even though it’s the Year of the Dragon. Ironic since new year celebrations includes a dance which scares away the evil spirits.

My Strava post from today shows my bike at the post office, just as an FYI.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/28/24 DEVIL

The conspiracy theorists claimed that devil worship was happening in the basement of the Comet Ping Pong pizza place — a theory that might have been more plausible if the place actually had a basement.

chill-dad
    Participant

2/28/24 DEVIL

The First Omen is the prequel to The Omen, a movie about the Devil.

I know this is fiction because the real devil is road salt.

Kbikeva
    Participant

2/29/24   Happy Leap Year!

Your Wordle today is

But to celebrate Leap Year, if you wish, you can post a photo of something TRULY UNIQUE.

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

2/28 – belated posting as I got my ride in at the witching hour … but if the devil distracts us with vices, then he must surely reside inside this hut.
    Devil

Nadine
    Participant

Oh bravo @Aaron bikes. What a brilliant idea for DEVIL, the exorcist steps!

rumipumi
    Participant

2/29 IMAGE

JoM
    Participant

2/29/2024 – unique

I love how they built a shelter out of bamboo wind chimes at the Hollywood Gateway Park, off of Route 1 and I-495. (There’s also a fun little playground too!)

Aaron bikes
    Participant

2/29/24 IMAGE

An IMAGE of the stars is projected onto the inside domed roof of the David M.  Brown planetarium in Arlington.

The planetarium was renamed to honor Captain Brown, a 1974 Yorktown high school graduate and astronaut who perished when the Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrated upon re-entry on the first day of February, 2003.

(I teach physics at Yorktown, but the planetarium is located on the campus of Washington Liberty high school, adjacent to I-66, in the center of Arlington county.)

The planetarium and encircling central office building (now classroom space) were built in 1969. The planetarium just received a major overhaul and is not only enjoyed by thousands of students, but is also open for many public events.

https://friendsoftheplanetarium.org/

https://www.apsva.us/planetarium/

Kbikeva
    Participant

@Aaron-bikes

I like how you got that bird to fly over in the exact center of your photo. Nicely staged!

Thank you for the history on this – I remember that shocking and sad day well.

And thank you for being a teacher. You truly do touch the future.

@Rumipumi

What a cool sculpture! Where is this?

@JoM

Best use of bamboo I can think of – besides feeding Pandas!

bikesnick
    Participant

2/29/2024 – image

The sun created an IMAGE of my bicycle.

CBGanimal
    Participant

2/29/24 Image – thru a glass window

consularrider
    Participant

#scavhunt – 2/29/2024 – Using an IMAGE to designate lane usage on the W&OD in Falls Church

CaseyKane50
    Participant

2/29/2024

Some of the 903 ceramic teardrop vessels that signify the displaced individuals of Queen City, now the location of the Pentagon. The light in the exhibit room creates an image of the teardrops.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 2,237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.