Team 2, assemble!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 75351 wrote:

I don’t know about consularrider, but I wear a light shirt, then a turtleneck wool sweater, then an LLBean down parka. There is a wool face mask and a wool cap under my helmet. I have Bar Mitts on my handlebars, and wear ski gloves under them. With all that, I am literally never cold on a bike ride, no matter what the external temperature.

Yeah, I misread his “I wasn’t” as “it wasn’t.”

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

Sorry team, I tried to do a CaBi sleaze ride, but my key wasn’t working

bikenurse
    Participant

I rode around my neighborhood this morning while the sun was bright and the snow was crispy. Didn’t ride far for fear of snow plows. I let some air of of the tires on my Rove and did ok. LOTS of layers and ski goggles made it possible. And I only rode about 2 miles. I’m lucky I live in a quiet neighborhood and can get in a short ride pretty easily.

dkel
    Participant

@bikenurse 75387 wrote:

I rode around my neighborhood this morning while the sun was bright and the snow was crispy. Didn’t ride far for fear of snow plows. I only rode about 2 miles. I’m lucky I live in a quiet neighborhood and can get in a short ride pretty easily.

Amen, sister!

(Except: Go Team 7!!)

dasgeh
    Participant

CaBi performed pretty impressively in the slush. Plus, I could find easy parking, CaBi to happy hour and CaBi back to the car. Sleaze ride – check. Happy hour – check. Home mostly on time – check. Gotta love CaBi.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

I have lots of cold weather clothing, but my bike is not good with ice. Fortunately, the streets around me weren’t bad, so I at least managed to get in my sleaze ride to the Y.

Anonymous

@Subby 75333 wrote:

Sleaze! Sleaze! Sleaze!

Discretion, valor, blah blah.:o

In penance, I’ll see what I can do about finding some actual miles somewhere I can ride today and/or tomorrow rather than just sleaze. 11 missed points to make up from yesterday.:)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.