Team 2, assemble!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    cvcalhoun
    Participant

As of today, we’ve located everyone who is supposed to be on Team 2. We’re over at http://app.strava.com/clubs/46386/members.
    For the record, the following are the members of Team 2:

consularrider CAPTAIN
    Subby
    acl
    Terpfan (This is listed in the roster as TerpAlum, but since there is no such person, I’m assuming that Terpfan is the one meant.)
    TwoWheelsDC
    mllwhnp
    scorchedearth
    elwbikes
    cvcalhoun

bikenurse
    Participant

I’m in. Thanks for getting us started!

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Did you make a request to join the team on Strava, at http://app.strava.com/clubs/46386? I’m not seeing you there, although if you applied recently, it’s possible that Subby just hasn’t seen and responded to your request yet. You’ll need to do that to have your points counted.

@mllwhnp 73611 wrote:

I’m in. Thanks for getting us started!

Subby
    Participant

She’s in! :)

Just waiting for our fearless leader. He’s probably grinding a 300 miler just because he can. :)

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Fearless leader has now been located, so all we need is Terpfan. Terpfan, if you see this, please request to join at http://app.strava.com/clubs/46386.

Terpfan
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 73661 wrote:

Fearless leader has now been located, so all we need is Terpfan. Terpfan, if you see this, please request to join at http://app.strava.com/clubs/46386.

Done and correct on roster name.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Whee! We’ve now got everyone accounted for!

consularrider
    Participant

Well, I’m sorry I let the team down with such a short ride this morning. :rolleyes:

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Dang, didn’t the rules specify that you had to ride so much that our team would win, even if the rest of us just stayed home with hot chocolate?

@consularrider 73866 wrote:

Well, I’m sorry I let the team down with such a short ride this morning. :rolleyes:

Anonymous

Dear Team 2, you are awesome but humor me for a moment and allow me to be all mother hen on you today.

Those of you who have the proper bike, tires, clothes, and experience to ride in negative wind chills with snow and ice on the ground, carry on if you choose but carefully please.

Those of us who do not– today will make an excellent rest day!!! Final decision pending road conditions when I get home this evening, but I’m 99% sure I will forego even a sleaze ride today. The one I did after the last snow turned out to be not such a great idea. Follow my wimpy example and stay off the bike if you are unsure. Winning is fun, true, but being able to ride a bike because you’re not injured is even more fun.

All other teams that are not team 2, honestly I think just to be safe you should stay off your bikes for the next several days. Maybe longer. 😎

Subby
    Participant

First someone breaks consularrider’s handlebars, now someone else has hacked acl’s account. ;)

WILL THE BAFS SHENANIGANS NEVER CEASE?

Sleaze! Sleaze! Sleaze! (but be safe!)

Terpfan
    Participant

@acl 75324 wrote:

Dear Team 2, you are awesome but humor me for a moment and allow me to be all mother hen on you today.

Those of you who have the proper bike, tires, clothes, and experience to ride in negative wind chills with snow and ice on the ground, carry on if you choose but carefully please.

Those of us who do not– today will make an excellent rest day!!! Final decision pending road conditions when I get home this evening, but I’m 99% sure I will forego even a sleaze ride today. The one I did after the last snow turned out to be not such a great idea. Follow my wimpy example and stay off the bike if you are unsure. Winning is fun, true, but being able to ride a bike because you’re not injured is even more fun.

All other teams that are not team 2, honestly I think just to be safe you should stay off your bikes for the next several days. Maybe longer. 😎

If only I had studded tires. The trails did look horrible driving in. This is not to say I can’t ride up and down my street some tonight, slowly, of course, for the sleaze ride. But I wouldn’t dare go down some of the hills that come off the street for fear of ending up in the hospital until it’s consistently 60+ out. The worst part of all this snow and ice is that the temperature won’t climb out of the 20s until this weekend. Ugh.

consularrider
    Participant

Even with proper gear some of this morning’s commute was not much fun, but at least I wasn’t cold.

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@consularrider 75339 wrote:

Even with proper gear some of this morning’s commute was not much fun, but at least I wasn’t cold.

I don’t know what weather system you were riding it, but it was 6 degrees and windy when I left my house.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

I don’t know about consularrider, but I wear a light shirt, then a turtleneck wool sweater, then an LLBean down parka. There is a wool face mask and a wool cap under my helmet. I have Bar Mitts on my handlebars, and wear ski gloves under them. With all that, I am literally never cold on a bike ride, no matter what the external temperature.

@ShawnoftheDread 75350 wrote:

I don’t know what weather system you were riding it, but it was 6 degrees and windy when I left my house.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.