Rule question: out-of-area rides

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Rule question: out-of-area rides

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    peterw_diy
    Participant

If I go out of town, can I still earn points? It seems to me anyone who finds himself in Minneapolis should get credit for rides, and anybody in Phoenix probably shouldn’t. How much warmer can a spot be for it to be ok to log miles without a #nobafs tag?

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

As the winner of the “most miles in a warm climate” (or whatever the official title was) Pointless Prize from last year’s contest, due to a February quasi-vacation to San Diego, I can say that ALL outdoor miles count regardless of climate.

Terpfan
    Participant

I may try to squeeze in a ride then in Phoenix. Can’t help that I have to go there for work for two days. Just need to find a bike rental place that’s open til evening hours and remember to bring lights. Not so sure I will do the same on Chicago trip unless I find someone near the airport renting bikes.

bobco85
    Participant

@Terpfan 74276 wrote:

I may try to squeeze in a ride then in Phoenix. Can’t help that I have to go there for work for two days. Just need to find a bike rental place that’s open til evening hours and remember to bring lights. Not so sure I will do the same on Chicago trip unless I find someone near the airport renting bikes.

I’d recommend Bike Barn in Phoenix. I had a good experience with them. http://bikebarnaz.com

I went with a hybrid due to their dirt canal trails (picture is mine).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4452[/ATTACH]

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

Let’s not forget vvill getting points in the summer and the future by riding in Australia last year .

Raymo853
    Participant

I am going to Costa Rica next week so I may try for that award.

Rob_O
    Participant

Did some riding in Mexico last February. Beautiful scenery and was happy to get the points!

Rod Smith
    Participant

Kayakcyndi rode on three continents during Freezing Saddles 2013. She’s got a QOM in the Himalaya!

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@Rod Smith 74299 wrote:

Kayakcyndi rode on three continents during Freezing Saddles 2013. She’s got a QOM in the Himalaya!

And Tim Kelley has spent all year trying to figure out how to take it from her.

KayakCyndi
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 74304 wrote:

And Tim Kelley has spent all year trying to figure out how to take it from her.

He can stop plotting. I lost all the QOMs shortly thereafter when a gaggle of professional mountain bikers descended upon Nepal for a multi-day race through the himalaya!

I’m handing out the king/queen of the world award this year to whoever rides on the most continents so yes, ride on!

Fast Friendly Guy
    Participant

@TwoWheelsDC 74269 wrote:

As the winner of the “most miles in a warm climate” (or whatever the official title was) Pointless Prize from last year’s contest, due to a February quasi-vacation to San Diego, I can say that ALL outdoor miles count regardless of climate.

Winter/Warm? Did anyone notice how many of the Festive 500 winners were in equitorial or Southern hemisphere locations?

Rod Smith
    Participant

Cyndi, you still have this one. http://www.strava.com/segments/3425966

PeteD
    Participant

Trying to figure out the logistics for my 2 week vacation in February, but I’m shooting for the “Rider who circumnavigated a country” prize, trying to get in a long ride or two in Grand Cayman. Looking like I’ll have to pack my bike as the prospects for a road bike rental seems to be “none” or “rip off the stupid tourist”.

–Pete

Terpfan
    Participant

@bobco85 74281 wrote:

I’d recommend Bike Barn in Phoenix. I had a good experience with them. http://bikebarnaz.com

I went with a hybrid due to their dirt canal trails (picture is mine).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4452[/ATTACH]

Perfect–thanks!!

guga31bb
    Participant

@PeteD 74347 wrote:

Trying to figure out the logistics for my 2 week vacation in February, but I’m shooting for the “Rider who circumnavigated a country” prize, trying to get in a long ride or two in Grand Cayman. Looking like I’ll have to pack my bike as the prospects for a road bike rental seems to be “none” or “rip off the stupid tourist”.

–Pete

How does one pack a bike for a trip like that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.