Report a Trail Problem

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions Report a Trail Problem

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    dkel
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 177034 wrote:

McCartney wept.

He said, on Good Friday.

Fast Friendly Guy
    Participant

@lordofthemark 176930 wrote:

Don’t be afraid. Take a bad sign, and make it better.

Ha ha ha ha!

huskerdont
    Participant

I assume 311 is a bit like those request-a-walk-signal buttons downtown and is really just to placate people not in cars. I’m still ducking that sign every day as I ride by.

huskerdont
    Participant

@Ellen 176872 wrote:

There is a dangerous low hanging sign on the Roosevelt bridge. Someone must have moved the sign lower when working on the bridge – my husband got banged in the head by the sign while riding this morning. Fortunately his helmet took most of the impact, but it didn’t do his neck any good.

Noted on Monday, May 7th that this sign has now been raised. Was out Friday, but it had not been done on Thursday. So March 26th to May 4th at best. Not too bad considering that it posed no danger to cars.

I’m a bit relieved since I noticed last week that I was getting used to it and almost forgot to duck or move left. I’m surprised more people haven’t hit it, but maybe most people don’t ride 58s.

SolarBikeCar
    Participant

From Vienna to Reston the trail is a scene out of Little Shop of Horrors. A mowing pass is needed to reclaim that half of the lane lost to the thorny foliage.

huskerdont
    Participant

@huskerdont 176919 wrote:

Juddster, here is the sign from the back. One piece, one bracket, quite rusted, slipped down to that giant hose clamp, which looks like it was attached to the lower part of the sign for extra stability before coming loose in the wind.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17702[/ATTACH]

So I got three (3!) emails from DC 311 saying they were closing this ticket and they couldn’t find the problem. It’s only been 15 months, and one of us “fixed” the sign already, so no doubt they couldn’t find the problem. But DC 311 is on it!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.