Pit Stop Choice?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    dasgeh
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 81019 wrote:

We only have two versions–did you already wear holes in yours?

I, for one, like to have more than one pair…

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@dasgeh 81025 wrote:

I, for one, like to have more than one pair…

Cyclists. You give them an inch and they want a mile, or at least another pair of socks.

Don’t worry, we’ll have some socks.

chris_s
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 81019 wrote:

We only have two versions–did you already wear holes in yours?

Oddly enough, despite have something like 2 cowbells, 4 ankle straps and 5 bags, I’ve never received a single pair of BikeArlington socks.

dasgeh
    Participant

@chris_s 81050 wrote:

Oddly enough, despite have something like 2 cowbells, 4 ankle straps and 5 bags, I’ve never received a single pair of BikeArlington socks.

This might be because BikeArlington doesn’t contribute socks to KidicalMass Arlington. Maybe new for 2014?

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@dasgeh 81052 wrote:

This might be because BikeArlington doesn’t contribute socks to KidicalMass Arlington. Maybe new for 2014?

They don’t come in kid’s sizes. :-(

rcannon100
    Participant

Maybe a store could be set up where people could buy all the socks they want?

dasgeh
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 81059 wrote:

They don’t come in kid’s sizes. :-(

That’s what’s so great about Kidical Mass — you get kids AND adults in one place!

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@dasgeh 81061 wrote:

That’s what’s so great about Kidical Mass — you get kids AND adults in one place!

Greedy adults. Won’t someone think of the children??

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@rcannon100 81060 wrote:

We don’t need socks, per se. We need swag, with socks as a favored item.

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

@rcannon100 81060 wrote:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5245[/ATTACH]

lordofthemark
    Participant

@Rockford10 80735 wrote:

Like many others, I picked a pit stop last year and then visited several others on BTWD. Besides the specific swag or general convenience of the Pit Stop one chooses to pick up her shirt and free water bottle, is there a reason to pick one official pit stop over another? Does the official selection send some sort of message to organizers?

My choice is between Tysons and Falls Church City. While I would like to promote bike commuting to Tysons, that’s been, in the past two years, a bit of a loser stop. On the other hand, I want to promote the bike (and non-car) infrastructure in Falls Church and that one has traditionally been my official stop.

Thoughts? I suspect neither choice will make much of a difference, but I’d like to at least try!

As someone who is trying to be a FABB activist (though I’ve missed the last 4 meetings – two due to illness, two due to conflicts) I would try to go to one in Fairfax, esp to Tysons. But thats nowhere near my commute. So like last year, I will register at Canal Park at Navy Yard, and this year I will try to get to Crystal City as well.

peterw_diy
    Participant

@chris_s 81050 wrote:

Oddly enough, despite have something like 2 cowbells

Cowbells?

chris_s
    Participant

@peterw_diy 82817 wrote:

Cowbells?

IMG_06911.jpg

creadinger
    Participant

I heard a rumor that the Suitland Federal Center pit stop would be giving away a $3,000 bill to everyone that shows up, so please come and join us up on the hill east of the Anacostia. I cannot confirm nor deny whether that rumor is likely to be true. Also, make sure to bring a valid gov’t photo-ID because I think the pit stop is inside the SFC gates.

drevil
    Participant

More vuvuzelas, Tim.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.