New spin on vending machines: bike parts!

Our Community Forums General Discussion New spin on vending machines: bike parts!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Arlingtonrider
    Participant

I’d add Grease Monkey wipes to the lists above.

Henry
    Keymaster

Thanks for all the suggestions. Once the thing arrives, we’ll get a sense of how many slots it will have (I assume it can be configured many ways, holding less variety to accommodate larger stuff). Hopefully we’ll be making a joint announcement with CCBID before the end of the month.

Henry

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

@DismalScientist 53911 wrote:

Beer? :D

Actually, the old Revolution Cycles City Hub space is set to become the 2nd location for the Crystal City Wine Shop. 300 different wines and 150 types of beer will be available. But I don’t think it’s recommended to carry all of that or drink all of that just before a ride.

http://www.arlnow.com/2013/05/07/crystal-city-wine-shop-to-open-second-location/

txgoonie
    Participant

@PotomacCyclist 53937 wrote:

Actually, the old Revolution Cycles City Hub space is set to become the 2nd location for the Crystal City Wine Shop. 300 different wines and 150 types of beer will be available. But I don’t think it’s recommended to carry all of that or drink all of that just before a ride.

http://www.arlnow.com/2013/05/07/crystal-city-wine-shop-to-open-second-location/

Well, this dulls the pain of the loss a bit ;-) Exciting things happening in Crystal City!

dasgeh
    Participant

Did we mention honey stinger waffles? Just making sure.

Henry
    Keymaster

@dasgeh 53982 wrote:

Given that the machine will be out in the sun.

dbb
    Participant

@dasgeh 53982 wrote:

Of singular focus she is.

KLizotte
    Participant

I think the idea of a vending machine is brillant but success will be highly dependent on location. It should be located in a highly trafficked area so cyclists know it is there but in a place that won’t be vandalized either. And NPS surely won’t allow it on their property nor signs pointing to it for that matter. Shirlington may be a good location since there isn’t a bike shop super close by, it’s near the trails but not near metro, and lots of peds/cyclists go thru the complex. Another option is in front of the gas station at the beginning of the WO&D.

dbb
    Participant

I think the vending machine will be sponsored by the Crystal City Business Improvement District and operated by Phoenix. As I understand it, the location will probably be in the CC Water Park where there is security and traffic. Maybe we could get an addition to the sign on the MVT at the CC spur announcing the vending machine.

I think it is great that the BID is doing this and that they are partnering with Phoenix.

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

Wonderful partnering and I think the CC Water Park would be a great location.

Henry
    Keymaster

@dbb 54087 wrote:

I think the vending machine will be sponsored by the Crystal City Business Improvement District and operated by Phoenix. As I understand it, the location will probably be in the CC Water Park where there is security and traffic. .

All correct. It’s an experiment and we’ll re-evaluate after a few months. Signage TBD.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.