Maryland and DC pit stop recommendations?

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2015 Maryland and DC pit stop recommendations?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    bikeeveryday
    Participant

Are you sure it was “Bicycle Place? or Space?

@cvcalhoun 116078 wrote:

Columbia Heights

Food : apples, bananas, bagels
    Swag : more water bottles, maps
    Raffles : one every 15 minutes
    Services: Bicycle Place is doing at least minor repairs

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 116078 wrote:

Columbia Heights

Food : apples, bananas, bagels
    Swag : more water bottles, maps
    Raffles : one every 15 minutes
    Services: Bicycle Place is doing at least minor repairs

Did you see the chicken?

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@bikeeveryday 116105 wrote:

Are you sure it was “Bicycle Place? or Space?

Sorry, fixed it now. The hazards of trying to blog while bicycling!

@PotomacCyclist 116107 wrote:

Did you see the chicken?

Nope, I missed the chicken.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Preserving this for next year:

Best swag:
    1. Rockville Town Center (lots of nonstandard items, rather than just one more water bottle).
    2. North Bethesda – US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (not quite as many as Rockville, but they were interesting ones).

Best raffles:
    1. North Bethesda – US Nuclear Regulatory Commission seemed to have the most interesting prizes.
    2. Bethesda had the most raffles per hour.
    3. Friendship Heights seemed to have the best chances of winning (based on number of raffles compared to number of people).

Best food:
    1. Based on last year, I’d say Georgetown Waterfront has the best free food, although unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it there this year.
    2. Whole Foods Bethesda (not a pit stop, but an after-work party) had really thick and delicious burgers, but they were $3, not free.

Best services:
    Columbia Heights. Other places had air and lube, but Bicycle Space at Columbia Heights was the one place I saw bicycle stands and mechanics operating them.

Other:
    For those of you who haven’t figured out how to put a bike on a bus, Friendship Heights provided a bus you could practice on.

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

What food did Georgetown have last year? I went this year, but I arrived shortly after they had officially closed. The tables were still there but the food was all gone.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@PotomacCyclist 116135 wrote:

What food did Georgetown have last year? I went this year, but I arrived shortly after they had officially closed. The tables were still there but the food was all gone.

Last year, they had Paul Bakery, Dean & Deluca, Baked & Wired, and Sprinkles providing food, Malmaison providing juice, and Starbucks providing coffee. I got coffee, some kind of hot pastries, huge Sprinkles cupcakes, chocolate croisants, Hippy Crack, bananas, and yogurt. They also had coupons for free Chipotle. I’m not sure whether they do all that every year, or whether it resulted from the fact that last year, Georgetown – Meigs Park closed due to the monsoon and consolidated with Georgetown – Waterfront.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8645[/ATTACH]

KWL
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 116152 wrote:

Last year, they had Paul Bakery, Dean & Deluca, Baked & Wired, and Sprinkles providing food, Malmaison providing juice, and Starbucks providing coffee. I got coffee, some kind of hot pastries, huge Sprinkles cupcakes, chocolate croisants, Hippy Crack, bananas, and yogurt. They also had coupons for free Chipotle. I’m not sure whether they do all that every year, or whether it resulted from the fact that last year, Georgetown – Meigs Park closed due to the monsoon and consolidated with Georgetown – Waterfront.

Based on this year, I’d say last year was a spectacular one-off. This year Dean & Deluca offered high zoot water, nothing else and the only food I saw was some tiny cupcakes. They were quite delicious.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@KWL 116163 wrote:

Based on this year, I’d say last year was a spectacular one-off. This year Dean & Deluca offered high zoot water, nothing else and the only food I saw was some tiny cupcakes. They were quite delicious.

Sorry to hear it! Last year, I was very grateful to have that pit stop, after being unable to find the Bethesda one and then braving the monsoon to get to Georgetown.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.