Maryland and DC pit stop recommendations?

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2015 Maryland and DC pit stop recommendations?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    PotomacCyclist
    Participant

Crystal City had the Potbelly table too. They had a spinning wheel with different prizes. I won a free sandwich. The coupon expires on Dec. 31. They also handed out coupons for a free soda (no thanks) or a cookie with the purchase of an entree. This coupon is only good for today, which is another one of those pattern date: 5/15/15. (At 5:15 am, it was 5/15/15 5:15 am. At 1:15 pm, it will be 5/15/15 1:15 pm.)

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Bethesda:

Swag: towels, reflective ankle straps
    Food: apples, bagels, bread
    Service: Griffin Cycle was providing air, lube, and basic tools
    Raffles: many at a time, every 15 minutes. However, there were so many people there that chances of winning were probably less than at less populated stops
    Entertainment: recorded music

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Friendship Heights

Food: apples, bananas, potato chips, fortune cookies, granola bars
    Swag: portable coffee mugs
    Raffles: theoretically closed at 8:30, but was still having raffles at 8:40. While they had only 2 at a time, there were so few people that chances of winning were high. (I won 3 lbs. of coffee.)
    Services: learn how to put your bike on the bus

cvcalhoun
    Participant

National Geographic

Food: first coffee with real cream, oranges, granola bars
    Swag: water bottles, coupons for free circulator ride
    Raffles: even though they were supposed to go on until 10:00, the last one had ended by 9:40.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Skipped:

Rockville Fallsgrove and Twinbrook, and Rock Springs Business Park (too far out of the way)
    NIH (security would have taken even longer than at Naval Medical, and it didn’t have the advantage of being open early).
    Golden Triangle Farragut Square and Georgetown Waterfront (closed by the time I made it there)
    Golden Triangle L Street (Where were you guys? I got to 19th and L 15 minutes before it was supposed to have closed, and couldn’t find any sign of a pit stop. The people at Farragut Square said that several others had also been unable to find them.)

Mikey
    Participant

Fairfax city:
    Bananas, Coffee, Water
    Swag – Multi tools, water bottles, drawstring sacks, Maps, Smart Wool Socks (if you donated the ones you were wearing). $10 Spokes gift Cards

Dunn Lorring
    Bagels, Coffee, Water Donuts, Clif bars/chews
    Water Bottles, drawstring bags, Smart lanes t-shirts

East Falls church – Gauntlet of cheering fans (didn’t stop to see what was offered)

Ballston
    Bagels, Coffee, Bananas, health drinks
    headphones, spork, LED nightlight, Water bottles, Potomac Peddler Tshirts
    Raffle – sunglasses, bells, water bottles, helmets, Bike Arlington Jerseys

Rosslyn
    Bagels, Coffee, Bananas, Kind granola bars
    water bottles, maps, stickers, grocery bags
    Raffel – same as Ballston

Georgetown
    G-town cupcakes, coffee, water
    water bottles, maps, stickers, lapel pins

Capital Riverfront (by USDOT) I arrived at 9 as they were winding down
    Water, Granola bars, coffee?
    Patch Kit, reflective leg cuff band, pens

lordofthemark
    Participant

@Mikey 115933 wrote:

Capital Riverfront (by USDOT) I arrived at 9 as they were winding down
    Water, Granola bars, coffee?
    Patch Kit, reflective leg cuff band, pens

Yes, both regular and decaf!

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Total pit stops: 6.

And I’m amused that a thread which started as a plea for more information on Maryland and DC (it’s right there in the subject line, folks!), because there was already so much about Virginia, has quickly attracted so many posts about Virginia pit stops.

dasgeh
    Participant

Just saw nbc4 coverage of btwd, featuring the falls church pit stop and some familiar faces

DCLiz
    Participant

Sounds like Eastern Market was the winner for coffee — Peregrine was there with hot and iced! So good! (and yes, there was cream)

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Columbia Heights

Food : apples, bananas, bagels
    Swag : more water bottles, maps
    Raffles : one every 15 minutes
    Services: Bicycle Space is doing at least minor repairs

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Whole Foods Bethesda

Services: Freshbikes has air and lube
    Raffles: Freshbikes has an instant raffle for registered users. I won mints.
    Food: no free food, but they have $3 burgers, $1 hot dogs, and $1 sweet potato chips (made on the premises) I got an extra burger for free by being there when they were closing.

elwbikes
    Participant

You made out with quite the haul, cvcalhoun!

Bruno Moore
    Participant

College Park: six boxes of Shopper’s colossal donuts, about six dozen fresh bagels and cream cheese from Bagel Place, coffee, bars of all sorts from MOM’s, Oreos, water bottles, nice plastic cups from the City, raffle prizes, CP Bikes doing maintenance, and at least one city council member to actually listen to All These Cyclists. Oh, and my orangeshirt. Best. Pitstopswagassortment. Evah.

Hyattsville: closing as I arrived; basic fruit and pamphlets, but switched out my XL shirt from CP (some of the Maryland stops got a weird run of sized, it seems) for one that would fit better.

Met Branch: basic fruit, B2WD bottles, and a BicycleSPACE mechanic (Will) who gawked at Val the Schwinn/Brünø’s Indestructable Arkel Panniers.

Noma: bagels (not as nice as the CP ones, but still not bad), WABAfolk (yay!), and a Noma spatula. Seriously, a spatula. That’s…actually, it’s a pretty nice spatula, come to think of it. Oh, and I categorically refuse to do that silly intercap thing in “Noma.”

Freedom Plaza: Shoot, place had just about closed when I rolled in; take a breather with Phil/Shane/Greg, offer congrats, and head to the MLK window office.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@elwbikes 116084 wrote:

You made out with quite the haul, cvcalhoun!

Yep! Whole Foods is having a sale on meat next week–pay $40 for $50 worth of meat. So we can buy two lots of that. With the gift card I won, it will cost us only $5 for $100 worth of meat! My wife and I drink a lot of coffee, so the three pounds of Starbucks coffee will definitely get used. I ate all day, and came home with a huge bag of swag. So I’m not complaining at all!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.