July 2022 Road and Trail Conditions

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions July 2022 Road and Trail Conditions

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

@arlrider 219613 wrote:

Ah, yes, as opposed to the normally clear, straightforward, and safe approach to the entrance to Heidelberg…one of my favorite parking lots in the County…NOT. Hehe, I’ll see myself out now.

:rolleyes:

dbb
    Participant

The Dominion detour still needs a bit of work

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29083[/ATTACH]

There needs to be a ramp down from the sidewalk at the corner of Glebe and Rt 1 along Glebe. Right now riders are forced to use the sidewalk ramp with takes you into the space motorists are using for their right turns.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29084[/ATTACH]

A ramp along the Glebe curbline would provide positive separation between bikes and cars

Final pesky detail is that the signs are wrong, with the directional arrows sending cyclists across Rt 1 rather than west on Glebe[ATTACH=CONFIG]29085[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29086[/ATTACH]

I’ve loaded another report a problem ticket for both issues, in addition to the one submitted earlier about the barrels in the lane

Serdar
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29092[/ATTACH]
    There was knee-high water on WO&D under Wilson Blvd at 8:39 pm, and I almost crashed while slowing down.

arlcxrider
    Participant

@dbb 219641 wrote:

The Dominion detour still needs a bit of work

….

Final pesky detail is that the signs are wrong, with the directional arrows sending cyclists across Rt 1 rather than west on Glebe

The plans are very clear, but the installer got it bass-ackwards. Doht…

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.