Incomplete Teams

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Raymo853
    Participant

I assume it may be covered in the rules, but will there be anything done for teams without full membership?

cvcalhoun
    Participant

This was posted yesterday at this link:

Didnt register for Freezing Saddles? Envious of everyone who rode on Tuesday? Want in on the fun of hypothermia? Now is your chance?

It looks like a few people who signed up for FS have not shown up (and if you did sign up and have not shown up, show up or you will be dropped). What we will do is identify who has not shown up, what their handicap is, and then attempt to match people from the waiting list who have less than or equal to that handicap.

If you would like to be on the waiting list, send me a personal message with your strava number, your average number of rides per week and your average number of miles per week (November thru December)

No promises here but we will see what we can do.

Yes, Peter, you are #1 on the waiting list.

So apparently, they will try to put people on the waiting list onto the incomplete teams.

rcannon100
    Participant

We have three people on the waiting list, and all teams are reporting full. I will probably reach out to those people tonite but what I will probably propose is Slacker Team Duex – they can participate but wont be going fir first.

KayakCyndi
    Participant

@rcannon100 74615 wrote:

We have three people on the waiting list, and all teams are reporting full. I will probably reach out to those people tonite but what I will probably propose is Slacker Team Duex – they can participate but wont be going fir first.

You could add one to team three. Sadly I’ve managed to hurt my hamstring and am uncertain of riding ability.

dcv
    Participant

@KayakCyndi 74617 wrote:

You could add one to team three. Sadly I’ve managed to hurt my hamstring and am uncertain of riding ability.

Sorry, that sucks. Hope you get better soon.

rcannon100
    Participant

@KayakCyndi 74617 wrote:

R.I.C.E.

Rest
    Ice Cream
    Coffee
    Elevated Alcohol Levels

(puppies must fit in there somewhere)

KayakCyndi
    Participant

@rcannon100 74629 wrote:

R.I.C.E.

Rest
    Ice Cream
    Coffee
    Elevated Alcohol Levels

(puppies must fit in there somewhere)

That sounds shocking like tradeshow season. All except that rest part. The ice cream, coffee and alcohol have all been had in abundance!

Rod Smith
    Participant

First and foremost, I don’t care if she doesn’t ride another mile before April, I want Cyndi on my team! I don’t think it would be fair to add a tenth to our team even if it’s someone who rode zero miles in November and December and thus would add nothing to our handicap but if Sarah Dots fits this description, and Bob Cannon thinks it’s OK, we’ll take her. :p

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

So very sorry to hear that Cindi! I hope you feel better soon. Lots of good wishes going out to you.

Anonymous

@Rod Smith 74651 wrote:

First and foremost, I don’t care if she doesn’t ride another mile before April, I want Cyndi on my team!

Cyndi’s an awesome teammate! I’m feeling kind of left out that y’all are on a team together without me this year. Even though my new teammates are also great (especially at crossing bridges and stuff).

Sorry about the injury, Cyndi. Heal quickly and -more importantly- completely.

Raymo853
    Participant

@rcannon100 74615 wrote:

Well my team Scoundrels and Nerf Herders http://www.strava.com/clubs/46402 is still missing one rider totally. We only have 9 connected on Strava.

Sarah Dots
    Participant

Now I can get off my butt and get riding!

rcannon100
    Participant

@Raymo853 74775 wrote:

Well my team Scoundrels and Nerf Herders http://www.strava.com/clubs/46402 is still missing one rider totally. We only have 9 connected on Strava.

Why do you think you are missing a rider if you have 9 connected?

Raymo853
    Participant

I thought teams were 10. I see all the teams, but ours, have 9 or 10 producing. We have 8 out riding. Our 9th said he should start riding soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah Dots
    Participant

I’m now on team six. Look out!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.