How to Enter

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    hozn
    Participant

@ejwillis62 72965 wrote:

Did I enter, I am not sure and I would hate to miss out. I think I did. can someone look me up. ejwillis
    or show this technology challenged person how to check the leaderboard.

LIZ W.

I’m not sure you did; do you see yourself on this list? http://freezingsaddles.com/leaderboard/individual_text

(I’m guessing not, unless your name is different in Strava?)

Make sure you’ve authorized the app. But also don’t stress out if you’re not showing up on Jan 1, the software will ask Strava for all of your rides since Jan 1, so as long as the data is making it into Strava, it will be counted in the competition.

ejwillis62
    Participant

okay I authorized the app and i joined the group. I will have to go for a ride to get some miles in but I cannot access the application so someone will hve to add me. my strave number ends in 163744. :)

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

EJwillis62 and Brent are on RCannon100’s list. No worries.

americancyclo
    Participant

@hozn 72959 wrote:

it’ll be irrelevant in a couple days here when we configure the app to use the actual Strava teams (once they are created by the respective team captains).

Are the old teams still considered as well? I’m still on my team from last year. Will that mess up the rankings at all?

ejwillis62
    Participant

yaaa, lets hope I can at least get more miles than I did last year. I have plans to be braver but one never knows I am okay with most things except rain. I hate cold and rain.

hozn
    Participant

@americancyclo 72981 wrote:

Are the old teams still considered as well? I’m still on my team from last year. Will that mess up the rankings at all?

No, don’t worry; membership in the old clubs won’t confuse things. Basically, the way it works is I give the application a list of valid team/club IDs (right now it is just the BA club). When it looks over authorized user accounts to collect rids, it first updates the user’s club memberships. If the user does not belong to a configured club, then no rides are collected for that user; similarly, if the user belongs to multiple current teams it will skip the user (and raise an error that I will hopefully see).

So I will need the team captains to let me know (or just post in appropriate forum) links to the 2014 freezing saddles Strava clubs so I can update the application configuration.

Brent
    Participant

@hozn 72959 wrote:

Please confirm that you have also ridden during December :)

Looks like I haven’t uploaded my rides from December yet…oops…

elwbikes
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there a way to confirm my registration? I registered quite a while ago.

dbb
    Participant
    rcannon100
    Participant

No, freezingsaddles.com/people is simply ANYONE who has authorized the Strava app, I believe. “Teams will be announced tonite at the happy hour.”

Mikey
    Participant

@rcannon100 73162 wrote:

No, freezingsaddles.com/people is simply ANYONE who has authorized the Strava app, I believe. “Teams will be announced tonite at the happy hour.”

I take it the teams present tonight will nominate a captain and let hozn know?

hozn
    Participant

@rcannon100 73162 wrote:

Yeah, that’s right; it’s anyone that has authorized the app and is a member of BikeArlington. Someo of the people (like the undersigned) will be dropping off that list after I configure the real teams.

Probably the team captains should setup the teams as “requiring approval” (i.e. not just letting anyone join w/o approval), otherwise anyone could join the team. I expect that wouldn’t happen, but if it happened by accident that could cause some confusion.

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

@hozn 73166 wrote:

Probably the team captains should setup the teams as “requiring approval” (i.e. not just letting anyone join w/o approval), otherwise anyone could join the team. I expect that wouldn’t happen, but if it happened by accident that could cause some confusion.

Excellent suggestion. It happened to the Badass Banditos team last year and did cause confusion.

rcannon100
    Participant

@Mikey 73163 wrote:

I take it the teams present tonight will nominate a captain and let hozn know?

No, captains have been arbitrarily selected as the person I wished to inflect the most pain on. 😎

Mikey
    Participant

@rcannon100 73170 wrote:

No, captains have been arbitrarily selected as the person I wished to inflect the most pain on. 😎

I guess I should sew that embroidered “C” on my perl izumi jacket then.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.