Guess where ride picts

Our Community Forums Pictures & Videos Guess where ride picts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 611 total)
  • Author
    dcv
    Participant

Sometimes I see ride pictures posted by forum members and I know exactly where they are. I love looking for excuses to post picts of my bikes.

Guess where this is, then post one of yours. I’ll start with an easy one:

IMG_20111016_165335.jpg

dbb
    Participant

Pentagon 9/11 memorial.

My turn.

IMG00623-20111031-1740.jpg

dcv
    Participant

Yours is hard, I’m guessing somewhere off the Mt Vernon trail near the Pentagon.

dbb
    Participant

@dcv 13783 wrote:

Yours is hard, I’m guessing somewhere off the Mt Vernon trail near the Pentagon.

As it is your game, I’ll let you define the rules regarding the specificity of the answer.

dcv
    Participant

I’m waiting for someone else who knows the answer, or I go out riding this afternoon to try and find the exact spot.

JustinW
    Participant

Isn’t that a new underpass … Under the MVT… leading to the Columbia (?) marina? I think that is what it is called…right near the Humpback Bridge.

dcv
    Participant

@JustinW 13788 wrote:

Isn’t that a new underpass … Under the MVT… leading to the Columbia (?) marina? I think that is what it is called…right near the Humpback Bridge.

Judging from the location of the Jefferson memorial, Ohio Dr inlet and what looks like part of the 14th bridge I’d say that’s a good guess. dbb?

JustinW do you have a picture to post?

CCrew
    Participant

Here, I’ll play.

trail.jpg
    trail2.jpg

dbb
    Participant

@dcv 13789 wrote:

Judging from the location of the Jefferson memorial, Ohio Dr inlet and what looks like part of the 14th bridge I’d say that’s a good guess. dbb?

Bing-bing-bing! We have a winner! It is the south tunnel under the Humpback Bridge leading to the bike trail to nowhere (about half way around the Pentagon Lagoon along I395)

eminva
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]639[/ATTACH]

I thought I’d give you one that some of you may not have seen during daylight hours. ;)

Liz

eminva
    Participant

@CCrew 13790 wrote:

Here, I’ll play.

Well, you said you went to the Silver Comet Trail last year, no? I’m guessing that based on the tall pines that are fairly common in the southeast US.

Liz

dbb
    Participant

@eminva 13792 wrote:

I thought I’d give you one that some of you may not have seen during daylight hours. ;)

Liz

Looking upstream from the Virginia side of the Key Bridge?

dcv
    Participant

@eminva 13793 wrote:

Well, you said you went to the Silver Comet Trail last year, no? I’m guessing that based on the tall pines that are fairly common in the southeast US.

Liz

Great guess. I think you’re right, I googled silver comet trail and it shows the exact same tunnel picture. CCrew, that’s too hard – you have to keep it local so we can have a chance at guessing.

dcv
    Participant

@dbb 13794 wrote:

Looking upstream from the Virginia side of the Key Bridge?

I think you’re right, so post another pic? I’m beginning to suspect that not everyone takes pictures with their bikes in the shot.

dbb
    Participant

How about this one?

Where200.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 611 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.