Fs trash talk

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    cvcalhoun
    Participant

I want to apologize on behalf of Team 2 for so demoralizing the other teams that only one other could even get above its handicap.

@rcannon100 73967 wrote:

Using highly scientiffic methods (that involved a duck and assorted corn meal), I deduced a team’s handicap score for one week would be 1250 points (and all teams except for those slackers were pretty much on the target). Tonite, we are finishing the first week of the game. I assume not all rides have been logged, but as of this moment, only two teams are above that 1250 point handicap!

Fast Friendly Guy
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 73999 wrote:

I want to apologize on behalf of Team 2 for so demoralizing the other teams that only one other could even get above its handicap.

Arghh! You dratted Team Twoers! You’ve got me pulling my hair out, but I toast you and acknowledge some valiant cycling! Only before you get too cocky, remember BAFS has just begun! Who knows what the future will bring? Those Plan Niners (others?) will no doubt surprise us all!

Off to ride now, but first stop is HDCC where I’ll see Chris R and Kathy L and others, too, I hope. Don’t tell Chris, but when he’s in the restroom, I’m letting the air of of his fancy studded tires (and stealing his pump)

Dave

Amalitza

@Fast Friendly Guy 74002 wrote:

Don’t tell Chris, but when he’s in the restroom, I’m letting the air of of his fancy studded tires (and stealing his pump)

Dave

consularrider?? Please. He’ll just pull out a quick century riding on his rims.

But, I mean, go ahead and taunt him if you want…

jrenaut
    Participant

@rcannon100 73967 wrote:

Using highly scientiffic methods (that involved a duck and assorted corn meal), I deduced a team’s handicap score for one week would be 1250 points (and all teams except for those slackers were pretty much on the target). Tonite, we are finishing the first week of the game. I assume not all rides have been logged, but as of this moment, only two teams are above that 1250 point handicap!

To be fair, this has been a rough week. Coming right off the holidays we’ve had multiple days of precipitation and sub-zero windchills. I’m really happy with the amount of riding I got in.

Also I’m terrible at trash talk. I’ve always figured you can’t trash talk those ahead of you because, well, they’re ahead of you. And the scoreboard trash talks those behind you pretty effectively. We’re not tied with anyone, so I think I’m just going to hold my tongue.

consularrider
    Participant

@jrenaut 74011 wrote:

To be fair, this has been a rough week. Coming right off the holidays we’ve had multiple days of precipitation and sub-zero windchills …

Yeah, my first week of January milage is down about 8% from 2013 and about 4% from 2012.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

On a more serious note (probably in conflict with the idea of trash talk), I suspect that some teams aren’t making the handicap because they don’t have all of their members being recorded. It took me quite a while first to find the Team 2 members (including finding one, who isn’t on this forum, via Facebook and guessing the correct forum name of one whose forum name on the list was incorrect), and then to make sure they had all joined the Strava club and authorized the app. Looking at the leaderboard now, there are still three teams with only 8 members each, and one with only 7.

@rcannon100 73967 wrote:

ebubar
    Participant

My commute is where my miles come in. My commute starts next week and mileage will increase and get Action News Team One up to (and hopefully above) our handicap!
    Plus my bike’s been in the “shop” getting a pitchfork mount attached. It gets inconvenient having to carry it in hand everywhere. Let the bike hold the weight!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4445[/ATTACH]

Phatboing
    Participant

@ebubar 74088 wrote:

My commute is where my miles come in. My commute starts next week and mileage will increase and get Action News Team One up to (and hopefully above) our handicap!
    Plus my bike’s been in the “shop” getting a pitchfork mount attached. It gets inconvenient having to carry it in hand everywhere. Let the bike hold the weight!

Hey, considering we’ve got one team member laid up with bronchitis, we’re Action Newsing it up quite well indeed.

KelOnWheels
    Participant

@Phatboing 74131 wrote:

Hey, considering we’ve got one team member laid up with bronchitis, we’re Action Newsing it up quite well indeed.

Go Action News Team One!

I went to the doc today and got ALL THE MEDICINES so I hope to be back on the bike killing cars with tridents soon!

Dirt
    Participant

Everyone who is not on my team is a person of slightly lower quality.

Dirt
    Participant

@Dirt 74517 wrote:

Everyone who is not on my team is a person of slightly lower quality.

I’d say that you’re also slightly less intelligent, but I’m still trying to figure out the “Eschew Obfuscation” bumper sticker that I saw on my ride home last night, so I guess I’m not really one to make a judgement call on that. I will say that regardless of intelligence, I love you and the world is a better place with you on it.

(Self-depreciating/ self esteem trash talk? Wow I suck at this.)

cyclingfool
    Participant

@Dirt 74535 wrote:

…the “Eschew Obfuscation” bumper sticker…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4470[/ATTACH]

Terpfan
    Participant

So who made the last little bridge before the big hill to Mt. Vernon extra slippery yesterday morning? Fess up. You’ve relegated me to sleaze ride status on my wife’s crappy bike for three days. 😎

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.