Freezing Saddles 2014 Discussion Draft

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Freezing Saddles 2014 Discussion Draft

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    jopamora
    Participant

5367322736_72dbc58352_z.jpg

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

If the Crystal City venue for last year’s end of contest party was ok (Bailey’s – they gave us a nice room and I think everyone was happy with it), I’ll be glad to volunteer to arrange for it again. I like the idea of supporting Crystal City venues – Crystal City has been very bike friendly and the location is very convenient to get to by bike.

consularrider
    Participant

@Arlingtonrider 69981 wrote:

If the Crystal City venue for last year’s end of contest party was ok (Bailey’s – they gave us a nice room and I think everyone was happy with it), I’ll be glad to volunteer to arrange for it again. I like the idea of supporting Crystal City venues – Crystal City has been very bike friendly and the location is very convenient to get to by bike.

Looks like Bailey’s has closed, see post #110.

jopamora
    Participant

@Arlingtonrider 69981 wrote:

Unfortunately, they closed this week.

GB
    Participant

Shouldn’t the awards ceremony be outside? Maybe NorthSide Social?

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

@consularrider 69982 wrote:

Looks like Bailey’s has closed, see post #110.

In that case, some co-volunteers will be needed to occasionally help scout out other possible venues over the next several months, keeping in mind that many of us will soon be roaming Crystal City streets while part of the FMR trail is closed. A mission involving beers and burgers. Anyone up for helping with this?

PeteD
    Participant

Success?

Quote:
    Quick update! It looks like a developers self-service API flow has soft-launched today: http://www.strava.com/developers
    hozn
    Participant

@PeteD 70038 wrote:

Success?

I should be on their list like 4 times but nobody told me. :) I will go give it a shot . Thanks!

hozn
    Participant

Yup, all registered; that was easy. I will start updating my code to use their new API. Note that with this new system participants will need to “opt in” in order to show up on the leaderboards, etc.

Hopefully I van get stuff updated by early-to-mid December so we can test drive it a bit before the competition starts.

PeteD
    Participant

@hozn 70047 wrote:

I should be on their list like 4 times but nobody told me. :) I will go give it a shot . Thanks!

This is the “soft launch.” 😮

Because, who other than CI shops deploy on a Friday?

–Pete

KLizotte
    Participant

@Arlingtonrider 69987 wrote:

In that case, some co-volunteers will be needed to occasionally help scout out other possible venues over the next several months, keeping in mind that many of us will soon be roaming Crystal City streets while part of the FMR trail is closed. A mission involving beers and burgers. Anyone up for helping with this?

Doesn’t Cap City Shirlington have a separate party room?

GB
    Participant

Ray’s ^3rd (b/n Rosslyn & Courthouse, across the street from the original Ray’s the Steaks and Hell Burger) has a separate (but not closed off) room, it can probably seat ~20. What’s the expected turn out we should be scouting venues for? ( / for which we should be scouting venues)?

Are there price point guidelines for the pointless prizes? Or are they all intended to symbolic and of no monetary value (like trophies)?

…for some reason I feel like this post is jumping the gun a little… I guess you tell what part of this I’m most interested in… prizes and parties

Amalitza

Last year’s pointless prizes were mostly symbolic, with the exception of some gloves and socks kindly donated by Bike Arlington.

I’m still bitter about losing out on the cool (nepalese?) lunch box, though. :p

KayakCyndi
    Participant

@acl 70230 wrote:

I’m still bitter about losing out on the cool (nepalese?) lunch box, though. :p

It was from India and I really thought you’d win it! Alas no current plans to go back this Feb/March.

rcannon100
    Participant

@GregBain 70214 wrote:

Are there price point guidelines for the pointless prizes? Or are they all intended to symbolic and of no monetary value (like trophies)?

Prizes are what people make of them. This is our party and this is our friends – so go wild! Or… or…. hit up our local LBS friends and see if they want to be generous!!! First prize was procured last night with a very nice donation to Phoenix Bikes ~ which I pretty much considered a win-win.

And BTW I still have my Freezing Saddles paper plate trophy proudly sitting on my desk!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.