Freezing Saddles 2014 Discussion Draft

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Freezing Saddles 2014 Discussion Draft

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    TrishN
    Participant

@KayakCyndi 70231 wrote:

It was from India and I really thought you’d win it! Alas no current plans to go back this Feb/March.

Just chiming in on the awesomeness of the tiffin food box prize. I’m very thrilled to have won it! :D

ebubar
    Participant

Just chiming in to say i’m in for the challenge this year!

ejwillis62
    Participant

I am ready for freezing saddles too.
    Liz W

DismalScientist
    Participant

You realize that by publicly stating this you are only hurting your ability to effectively sandbag this fine contest.:rolleyes:

Jason B
    Participant

So when, or how do you sign up for this, or did you already make teams and I just asked something that made everyone collectively say, “Awkward”?

hozn
    Participant

I believe rcannon will manage official registration and team assignment.

I am actively working on new Strava integration (Strava account will be required again for contestants). You will also have to authorize the freezing saddles Strava app to access your ride data — more details to come on scoreboard app (and hopefully pre-enrollment for testing) in next couple weeks. The good news is that we can continue to work on the reporting tools during competition; we just need to make sure we are collecting the data and have the basic scoreboard in place by competition start.

rcannon100
    Participant

Yup. Sign up should be up in a couple of days. Freezing Saddles runs Jan 1 to the last day of winter.

NicDiesel
    Participant

Let’s do this. I just bought a ton of Gore Tex gear that desperate needs a good Minnesota winter beating.

rcannon100
    Participant

This is a DRAFT of the form. Does this look about right? Feel free to BETA test it. Any entries will be deleted when it goes live in a couple of days.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

African or European?

GB
    Participant

Where can I see my Strava UserID #?

Mikey
    Participant

how does one with an Strava account find their Strava ID number?

Is it the number in the URL when I hover over my name from the profile page?
    Thanks.

ronwalf
    Participant

@rcannon100 70716 wrote:

This is a DRAFT of the form. Does this look about right? Feel free to BETA test it. Any entries will be deleted when it goes live in a couple of days.

Does it need instructions on how to find your Strava ID? I know how to find it (log on to strava, click my username, and copy it out of the URL), but that’s probably non-obvious to the uninitiated.

Mikey
    Participant

I like the idea of “What are you going to volunteer for”. It got me thinking. I volunteer to create weekly meaningless side bets/challenges etc throughout the challenge period. Not to be confused with pointless prizes which are cashed in at the end, the meaningless side challenges will come out weekly (as a thread on the forum) and add an extra bit of competition for the overly competative. Some examples would be, “First complete team to post a photo of themselves at a bar, enjoying a frosty beverage wins the meaningelss side challenge” or “Most individual miles between Midnight and 3am” etc. . . I may need a little help pulling data but that would depend on the challenge. Prizes could be anywhere from bragging rights, to donated SWAG, or points towards a future pointless prize.

Jason B
    Participant

@ronwalf 70728 wrote:

Does it need instructions on how to find your Strava ID? I know how to find it (log on to strava, click my username, and copy it out of the URL), but that’s probably non-obvious to the uninitiated.

Um, my name is Jason and I am uninitiated.
    couldn’t find it

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.