Ebikes!

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Dewey
    Participant

In Washington, DC today Mayor Bowser announced the Capital Bikeshare fleet will receive another 700 new generation CaBi+ e-bikes for DC. Lyft also announced at the same event another 150 e-bikes of the same design for Fairfax County. Together these will double the size of the CaBi+ e-bike fleet. The new design are the same as the 2nd generation e-bikes introduced by Lyft in New York City for the Citi bikeshare fleet.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30728[/ATTACH]

Judd
    Participant

Saw one of these being ridden in the wild on the MVT last night but didn’t have time to see if I could find one to ride. They all have the new seatpost quick release handle which is pretty nice since I often struggle with adjusting the seat. The seatposts also go to 11 instead of 10.

@Dewey 225534 wrote:

In Washington, DC today Mayor Bowser announced the Capital Bikeshare fleet will receive another 700 new generation CaBi+ e-bikes for DC. Lyft also announced at the same event another 150 e-bikes of the same design for Fairfax County. Together these will double the size of the CaBi+ e-bike fleet. The new design are the same as the 2nd generation e-bikes introduced by Lyft in New York City for the Citi bikeshare fleet.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

I’m wondering how they will ensure that these will stay in DC or Fairfax. I have frequently ridden one of the old e-bikes from DC to Bethesda. @Dewey 225534 wrote:

secstate
    Participant

@Judd 225550 wrote:

Saw one of these being ridden in the wild on the MVT last night but didn’t have time to see if I could find one to ride. They all have the new seatpost quick release handle which is pretty nice since I often struggle with adjusting the seat. The seatposts also go to 11 instead of 10.

They are really nice — I’ve ridden them a few times now and they are a different beast from the previous (black) model. The assist is strong and smooth. Unlike the older model, I don’t think there’s a way to turn it up or down. Just mash the pedals and go. It’s almost like being on a scooter rather than a bicycle. Even going uphill, I found my heart rate didn’t go up much. Estimated range seems to be around 30mi.

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.