CR’s Boring Frankfurt Area Videos

Our Community Forums Pictures & Videos CR’s Boring Frankfurt Area Videos

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

Approaching the Main-Rhine confluence at Mainz-Kostheim.

consularrider
    Participant

Approaching Mainz-Kastel and crossing the Rhine River on the Theodor Heuss Brücke. Note the poorly designed pedestrian/bike bridge over an inlet of the Rhine. SteveO would love all the bollards and other trail obstructions.

consularrider
    Participant

Crossing back across the Rhine on the Weisenauer Brücke (A60 autobahn) just before Ginsheimer.

consularrider
    Participant

I’m now riding in new territory and other than what I saw on the map, had no idea what the roads would be like. It turned out had had mapped about 30 miles of gravel forest and farm roads. You’re welcome Cyndi.

But first I ride through Königstädten.

consularrider
    Participant

In the woods on Königstädter Straße near the Naturschutsgebiet Saurergrund. Note that there are stretches of ice.

consularrider
    Participant

Riding the bike lane through Mörfelden

consularrider
    Participant

Back through the woods on Thomashüttenschneise just before the town of Eppertshausen.

consularrider
    Participant

Between Babenhausen and Stockstadt am Main I was passing a farm when I saw a horse-drawn carriage coming towards me. It looked like the farm is also a gasthof.

consularrider
    Participant

Final video of this series. I’m back on the Main cycle path, on gravel, it is getting dark, and I just discovered that a rattle I had been hearing was the loose camera mount. So I quickly shot this unscenic view of the power plant and railroad bridge.

consularrider
    Participant

We had a surprise dusting of snow overnight. I headed to the park on the Pugsley to get a short mid-day ride in. This is my Faux Hains Point loop. 3.2 miles and about 25 feet of climbing up one little slope. It is almost all crushed gravel or dirt with a very short paved section, maybe about 100 feet or so, and a 20 foot section of cobblestones. I frequently ride this mid-afternoon and the free range dogs can be a problem.

consularrider
    Participant

It warmed up a little and the trail surface was sloppier.

anomad
    Participant

When you say “free range dogs” do you mean feral dogs that live in the park like wild animals?

consularrider
    Participant

@anomad 154776 wrote:

When you say “free range dogs” do you mean feral dogs that live in the park like wild animals?

Nope, just the dozens of dogs being exercised off leash. I have yet to run into any feral dogs.

anomad
    Participant

I see, wasn’t sure exactly what you meant. I like dogs and stopping to pet them when I am riding. But I can see how it would be annoying if they are just running around in the path getting in the way.

consularrider
    Participant

Diez in about 75 km from Frankfurt on the Lahn River at the confluence with the smaller Aar River. The first clip is in the town of Balduinstein after I had done some hills and decided that it was too muddy on the forest roads.

[video=youtube_share;rCDQoPfhceM]https://youtu.be/rCDQoPfhceM[/video]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.