CR’s Boring Frankfurt Area Videos

Our Community Forums Pictures & Videos CR’s Boring Frankfurt Area Videos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

Be forewarned that any video posted here will in all likelihood be unedited raw footage.

consularrider
    Participant

A couple miles into the climb on the way to Saalburg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS7VS1ueYyw

A little later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahhQm2mYO2Q

consularrider
    Participant

Met a cross-country skier coming downhill here shortly after this clip ended.

consularrider
    Participant

Still in the woods.

consularrider
    Participant

A wide spot in the road/on the trail with two restaurants.

consularrider
    Participant

From Sandplacken I took the road because the GPS track for the trail made no sense. Then closer to the top it got steeper and I was glad I was not on the snow.

consularrider
    Participant

I took it slow and easy since this alternated route had been used by cross-country skiers as well as vehicles and was pretty slick.

anomad
    Participant

What kind of bike are you using for those snowy roads? Something winter specific or just a well balanced guy?

consularrider
    Participant

@anomad 152818 wrote:

What kind of bike are you using for those snowy roads? Something winter specific or just a well balanced guy?

I’m on a Surly Pugsley fat bike with Dillinger 26×4 studded tires since I am quite unbalanced.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13256[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13257[/ATTACH]

anomad
    Participant

Well that is very winter specific! I think studs on a fatbike will be ample for occasional slick spots on or off the road… 😎 I have the bikesdirect.com ripoff of the Surly and really enjoy it.

That first photo reminds me of The Brocken, which I walked up in similar conditions many years ago. Thanks for sharing.

bobco85
    Participant

I watched a few of the videos and felt both tired and cold at the same time as a result :p. I’m sure the ambient noises of the forest were just beautiful to take in while riding on the snow.

huskerdont
    Participant

Wonderful. Reminds me of trails/logging roads in both the Black Forest and in the Pfalz–not quite what many would expect to find near Frankfurt. I spent a day and night once in Lich that lasted a about week, and driving from there to the airport did observe some areas near where you rode that I wished I could explore. Watching these just makes me feel relaxed and peaceful. Thanks for the vicarious enjoyment.

consularrider
    Participant

This is a series of 12 short videos (unedited) shot during my ride of January 29. I was riding my Kona Rove and as the ride progressed the camera mount started ti loosen and I didn’t have a small enough Allen wrench on my multitool to tighten it.

First up is along the south bank of the Main River in Frankfurt.

consularrider
    Participant

Still on the Main south bank, approaching Höchst where I crossed back over to the north bank. I’m on crushed stone, the paved path had versed away from the river.

consularrider
    Participant

Vineyard between the Main and the railway just west of Falkenberg.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.