Call for Volunteers!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kandersen02
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 51228 wrote:

Hi Everyone–

As usual, we will need as much help as possible to set up and manage the crowds at Rosslyn (Gateway Park) and Ballston (Fresh Bikes Bike Shop, 3924 Wilson Blvd).

Both pit stops run from 6:30am to 9am. Yes, it’s ridiculously early, but the adrenalin of the event will wake you up. Set up will start at 5:30am for both pit stops, so we do need people to help at 5:30am if possible. If you can’t make it at 5:30am, we understand, just let us know what time you can arrive.

If you can make it, either reply here or send an email to info@bikearlington.com

Thanks!!

Tim, I can help out at Ballston but I can not attend the training on Wednesday night. Please let me know if that is ok. I could be there between 5:30 – 6 am. I will be riding in from Alexandria.
    Kim

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@Kandersen02 52056 wrote:

Tim, I can help out at Ballston but I can not attend the training on Wednesday night. Please let me know if that is ok. I could be there between 5:30 – 6 am. I will be riding in from Alexandria.
    Kim

Thanks Kim! No training needed beforehand, just show up at Gateway Park between 5:30 and 6!

consularrider
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 52065 wrote:

Thanks Kim! No training needed beforehand, just show up at Gateway Park between 5:30 and 6!

Training? I’m doing the Ride of Silence from Hains Point this evening after a few laps of East Potomac Park. I hope to see lots of you at Fresh Bikes in Ballston on Friday morning!

Dirt
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 51307 wrote:

I think Dirt is more like Elvis.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, in Joan Rivers. ;)

I will, however, be volunteering at 0530 at Ballston and early in the afternoon at the West Arlington “way home” stop on the W&OD and Lee Hwy (At the Falls Church/Arlington line).

Love,

Dirt

Megabeth
    Participant

I’ll be at the early early shift in Ballston and am depending on Dirt to wake me up with appropriate inappropriate songs and dancing. I will then go to Rosslyn around 7:15 – 7:30ish.

consularrider
    Participant

Looks like a good Forum crew at Ballston tomorrow. Everyone else should make a detour over from the W&OD or Custis and stop by for a visit!

Vicegrip
    Participant

Well heck. It seems that I am the only person out of the 450 people at my place of employment that ever bikes to work on “not bike to work day”. Such as I am by default the company expert in riding a bike to work I have been asked to lead up a group of folks to work in the am and will be unable to offer up what little help I might have had the BA stop. I did line it up that the group stops in and says Hi at least.

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@consularrider 52274 wrote:

Looks like a good Forum crew at Ballston tomorrow. Everyone else should make a detour over from the W&OD or Custis and stop by for a visit!

Is the Ballston stop at Wilson and Quincy?

Megabeth
    Participant

Yup. Ballston stop is at Wilson and Quincy at Fresh Bikes parking lot.

eminva
    Participant

Nice to see JimK, skreamingquadz, dcv, RESTONTODC and culimerc at the Vienna Pit Stop this morning! Skreamingquadz was accompanied by a first time bike commuter, JimK by his wife and culimerc by his wife and several neighbors.

Also saw a bunch of my neighbors and FABB folks.

A great day! We had a tremendous turnout at our pit stop. Unfortunately, my camera battery died so no visual evidence.

Liz

consularrider
    Participant

@eminva 52518 wrote:

… A great day! We had a tremendous turnout at our pit stop. Unfortunately, my camera battery died so no visual evidence.

Liz

No pictures, then it didn’t happen. ;)

It was really great handing out t-shirts for two hours with acc and dirt in Ballston. :D :D :D

culimerc
    Participant

@consularrider 52537 wrote:

No pictures, then it didn’t happen. ;)

Liz’s evidence. [ATTACH=CONFIG]2891[/ATTACH]

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.