Call for Volunteers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Tim Kelley
    Participant

Hi Everyone–

As usual, we will need as much help as possible to set up and manage the crowds at Rosslyn (Gateway Park) and Ballston (Fresh Bikes Bike Shop, 3924 Wilson Blvd).

Both pit stops run from 6:30am to 9am. Yes, it’s ridiculously early, but the adrenalin of the event will wake you up. Set up will start at 5:30am for both pit stops, so we do need people to help at 5:30am if possible. If you can’t make it at 5:30am, we understand, just let us know what time you can arrive.

If you can make it, either reply here or send an email to info@bikearlington.com

Thanks!!

Dickie
    Participant

I live in Rosslyn and I am registered at the Rosslyn pit stop so I can certainly help out. I’ll be there at 5:30 and stick around for a few hours if that helps.

Steve
    Participant

I can be at Ballston at 5:30 to help with the setup, I just have to leave by 6:45-7:00.

acc
    Participant

So Tim, I can just pitch a tent in your front yard the night before, okay?

eminva
    Participant

I keep telling you, acc, come work Vienna with me and there will be bloody marys.

Liz

Dirt
    Participant

I have to finalize a few plans this week, but I’ll be working BTWD SOMEWHERE. I just don’t know where yet. I’ll let you know as soon as I know.

Rock on, y’all!

Dirt.

acc
    Participant

@Dirt 51282 wrote:

I have to finalize a few plans this week, but I’ll be working BTWD SOMEWHERE. I just don’t know where yet. I’ll let you know as soon as I know.

Rock on, y’all!

Dirt.

That’s because you’re everywhere and see everything. Just like……Santa Claus.

acc
    Participant

I have my recital that night, so the drinking will have to wait.

Tim and I have a tradition. He makes me unload a truck while he watches. Claims it’s good cardio….

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@acc 51293 wrote:

Tim and I have a tradition. He makes me unload a truck while he watches. Claims it’s good cardio….

That’s the same way I get Zanna to carry heavy boxes around the office. It’s “training.”

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@acc 51292 wrote:

That’s because you’re everywhere and see everything. Just like……Santa Claus.

I think Dirt is more like Elvis.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_hkIN38qnY

eminva
    Participant

@acc 51293 wrote:

Well that’s worth celebrating! Though I reluctantly concede it may be better to do so afterwards than before.

Any others who want to come help me at Vienna are welcome. Feel free to join anytime between 6:30 and 8:30 a.m. I’m on my own as my usual FABB colleague, Hunter, can’t make it this year. Especially welcome are those who can give directions to the far ends of the earth such as Fairfax City. I hope that woman I misdirected last year isn’t still wandering around.

Come say hi if you can’t stop to help!

Liz

Tim Kelley
    Participant

Bump bump!

We’re still looking to round up a few more volunteers. Any takers?

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

I would have volunteered right away if I was going to be in town. Will try for next year.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@Arlingtonrider 51601 wrote:

I would have volunteered right away if I was going to be in town. Will try for next year.

You are top of the 2014 list!

Vicegrip
    Participant

I can help out at Ballston and 5:30 is not early in my book. Is there a way to switch your home station or even check to see which one you selected? I think I signed up for the one Tri 360 is doing in the afternoon. if the weather is good and work behaves itself I might make bike to work a bike rather than work day. Wil coffee be flowing or should I bring?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.