But Wait! It’s not over yet!

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2012 But Wait! It’s not over yet!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

@Dirt 20125 wrote:

Tri360’s little expo was really awesome. Major kudos to them for getting out and supporting the community. I know it was an effort to get them on people’s radar when they finally open, but it was still nice to have them in the community. My Bad Kitty socks are definitely some of my faves. The cookies were yummy after having ridden around so much for the day. I really liked seeing their selection of Orbea bikes. They’re gonna be a pretty tri-focused shop, but they brought out two flat-bar equipped road bikes that would be awesome for more casual cyclists who want a nice bike, but don’t necessarily want drop or aero bars on it.

Just an interesting note was that one of the Tri360 people was talking with riders about what they would want to see for a B2W pitstop, swag, services, food, etc. Nice to see them doing research as they get ready to open this summer and looking ahead. Also like that at least one of the owners lives close by.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@consularrider 20127 wrote:

Just an interesting note was that one of the Tri360 people was talking with riders about what they would want to see for a B2W pitstop, swag, services, food, etc. Nice to see them doing research as they get ready to open this summer and looking ahead. Also like that at least one of the owners lives close by.

Oh yes–we’re going big time in 2013!

rcannon100
    Participant

So who won the bikes :confused:

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@rcannon100 20131 wrote:

So who won the bikes :confused:

The names were announced at each pit stop on Friday morning. Jim Moran announced it at Rosslyn and the winner locked up his own bike and rode off to work on his new bike!

eminva
    Participant

I would add that I really appreciated all the bike shop mechanical staff being present at the pit stops. Was giving my bike a spa treatment on Saturday morning and realized there was a little issue that I could have used some help with, if only I’d known on Friday.

@Tim Kelley 20128 wrote:

Oh yes–we’re going big time in 2013!

What could be bigger than vuvuzelas? Thank goodness the kid went camping with the scouts, so there was a 24 hour period when I didn’t have to hear that thing this weekend . . .

Liz

vvill
    Participant

I didn’t bring my vuvuzela home until yesterday (I had more than a backpack of swag…) and I was surprised how easy it was to play. My 3 y.o. loves playing it…

KLizotte
    Participant

I second kudos to the bike maintenance folks at the pit stops. I made use of the freebie service at Crystal City.

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

I discovered at the pit stop that deferred maintenance on a bike is not recommended. I wasn’t completely surprised to hear that my tires have dry rot or that the chain is stretched too far. I’ll need a new cassette, chain ring and chain soon.

I haven’t treated my mountain bike as well as I do my triathlon bike. And I’ve put a lot of miles on it this year, and last year too. Might be a good opportunity to go with more appropriate tires. I never ride off-road so I might try some sort of cyclocross or commuter tire on the MTB, instead of the rugged off-road tires it came with.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.