BTWD Pictures

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    bobco85
    Participant

@KWL 140298 wrote:

Judging from the number of Sugar Shack donuts in the boxes, I’d say I must have left the Del Ray pit stop about 2 minutes before you arrived. Sorry I missed you.

No worries. It was by pure luck that I even ran into arlingtonrider, komorebi, and CBGanimal, as they were coming from the Old Town pit stop whereas I was coming from Carlyle (we all just happened to decide Commonwealth Ave was a good choice).

Also, I like the idea of using donuts as a unit of time. I suppose that means we arrived approximately 1 donut after you :)

Kitty
    Participant

Although I don’t have any photos, the Rosslyn stop was jumping as usual! District Taco was there with free breakfast tacos in addition to my usual once a year bagel!

The big deal was this was my first BTWD after joining up with you guys; I ran into so many people I knew. Including, but not limited to, POWERFUL PETE! Apparently he was in town for just three days (on his way to Asia) and one of them happened to be last Friday.

The other big thing was it was my husband’s first BTWD. (He took all the pictures) It was his first time being in one place with so many bikes/cyclists before, but we got him signed up for WABA and set up with swag, so he had a good time.

I then rode with him to G-town (across from his work) where there were mini-cupcake, scones, and cookies. From there I made an appearance at Nat Geo and 19th & L (across from my work) but it was getting late so there wasn’t much going on.

By the time I got into the office I was buzzing from coffee and refined carbs! 😎 Gotta love it.

scorchedearth
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11834[/ATTACH]

At Farragut Square last Friday thanks to goDCgo.

CaseyKane50
    Participant

I thought this was a nice touch at the Shirlington Pit Stop.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11837[/ATTACH]

sjclaeys
    Participant

A little late, but here’s a photo of Congressional staffers on Bike to Work Day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11950[/ATTACH]

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.