BTWD pictures thread?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Dirt
    Participant

I’m totally wiped. I’ve been going full blast since 3:45am to make today happen. I’ll post up photos and the whole story tomorrow. I wouldn’t do it justice tonight. Here’s the basic info and photos on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pedrogringo/sets/72157633521694872/

I do have to say this to every one of you. Seeing the work, dedication and effort that y’all put out today made me happy, proud and grateful at a level that words cannot express. Bike To Work Day is like Christmas to me. This is the best day of the year for me… Nothing comes close. Seeing all the stuff you did in photos and in real life fixed a lot in me that gets broken over the course of the year. Thank you.

Dirt.

Rod Smith
    Participant

Greenbelt bringing the convoy over the Beltway on Cherrywood Lane.DSC06469.jpg

Northeast Branch Trail with deer
    DSC06474.jpg

Kathy, a first time bike commuter rode the 16+ from Greenbelt to her workplace at 16th and K.
    DSC06488.jpg

scott930
    Participant

Tysons PS swag: drawstring bag, Access Tysons card-sized map, couple Access Tysons blinkers, green bar light (Bike Fairfax maybe?), Tysons commuter bike map on a soft microfiber square.

Bike raffle, Atleta raffle. No refreshments.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2902[/ATTACH]

scott930
    Participant

Vienna PS swag: Friends of W&OD slap-bracelet/safety wrap, Tysons commuter bike map on a soft microfiber square; they also had coffee, bottles of water, breakfast bars, and bananas. The Friends of W&OD also had bronze/brown water bottles, but I have too many already so I left them for the later folks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2903[/ATTACH]

BobK
    Participant

A few pictures from my ride yesterday:

Alexandria – Carlisle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2918[/ATTACH]

Alexandria – Old Town

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2919[/ATTACH]

Crystal City

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2920[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2921[/ATTACH]

Rossyln

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2922[/ATTACH]

We had over 30 folks riding to work from my office, overflowing our parking garage bike racks. A definite success in our office. And the management has agreed to add more racks. :)

vvill
    Participant

Have to agree that BtWD is like Christmas! (Especially since I don’t really celebrate Christmas.)

HoneyBadger, ShawnDread, and myself at the PM stop:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2928[/ATTACH]

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

@PotomacCyclist 52576 wrote:

Possible safety issue in this photo. Clearly there are not enough lights. Be safe!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=475114675890387&set=a.475114155890439.1073741835.205971902804667&type=3&theater

A nighttime picture would be neat, although passersby might mistake the bike for a UFO or something.

Great pictures from everyone. I didn’t bring a camera so no pictures from me.

dbb
    Participant

His Pinkness at the EFC – Tri360 afternoon pitstop. Thanks for everything you do Pete!

Btwd2013a_zpsa429247f.jpg

bobco85
    Participant

Here’s my footage from the Rosslyn and Ballston pit stops (including a cameo from Dickey), including a count I made of the cyclists I saw heading along the Custis. I had to cut my trip short because I had to be at work at 7:30 (I was still late, but oh well), so I think next year I might have to take the day off so that I can visit more locations! Thanks everyone for all the work you did!

[video=youtube_share;cDcRV-u7Ijk]http://youtu.be/cDcRV-u7Ijk[/video]

P.S. – I KNOW there were more people I saw from the forum than just Dickey, so if you’re in any of the (sorry they’re blurry) pics, let me know!

lordofthemark
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2931[/ATTACH]

At Canal Park, my recently retired colleague (on the left in the red helmet) passes the baton as our agency’s bike commuter to me (on the right in the blue helmet).

eminva
    Participant

@lordofthemark 52658 wrote:

At Canal Park, my recently retired colleague (on the left in the red helmet) passes the baton as our agency’s bike commuter to me (on the right in the blue helmet).

There can be only one? Maybe you can find another before you retire so there can be at least two of you?

Congrats!

Liz

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@PotomacCyclist 52632 wrote:

A nighttime picture would be neat, although passersby might mistake the bike for a UFO or something.

Great pictures from everyone. I didn’t bring a camera so no pictures from me.

Photos of this bike at night in action can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.440387282696460.93698.205971902804667&type=3

lordofthemark
    Participant

@eminva 52664 wrote:

There can be only one? Maybe you can find another before you retire so there can be at least two of you?

Congrats!

Liz

:) It’s a small agency. My colleague who was a regular commuter managed to inspire me. There’s a woman who is a more avid cyclist than I am, but she lives two blocks away. I think there’s one other guys who sometimes takes a folding bike on VRE, but he doesn’t talk about biking as much as the three of us do/did. I will try to inspire more people, but since this was only my first commute, well…..

KLizotte
    Participant

Photo taken in front of US DOT headquarters on BTWD.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2939[/ATTACH]

txgoonie
    Participant

Crystal City pit stop courtesy of the CC BID.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/CrystalCityBID/RideBikeToWorkDay

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.