Bike to Work Day on May 19th Registration

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2017 Bike to Work Day on May 19th Registration

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    lordofthemark
    Participant

Last year I did Shirlington>CrystalCity>CanalPark, which I kind of like because its my actual commute. I might try to do Shirlington>Penrose>CrystalCity>CanalPark.

The idea of taking the day off has some appeal, though I still have the nagging idea that this is, you know BiketoWorkDay.

streetsmarts
    Participant

Details , details.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Judd
    Participant

@lordofthemark 157697 wrote:

Last year I did Shirlington>CrystalCity>CanalPark, which I kind of like because its my actual commute. I might try to do Shirlington>Penrose>CrystalCity>CanalPark.

The idea of taking the day off has some appeal, though I still have the nagging idea that this is, you know BiketoWorkDay.

The Penrose stop was pretty lame last year, which is a shame since it’s half a mile from my apartment.

I did Penrose > Crystal City > National Geographic last year. Crystal City was my favorite since it was the culmination of BTWW and lots of my friends were there. The Nat Geo stop was good too. Lots of activities going on there and they had a raffle.

Bob James
    Participant

So the consensus is not to bike to work, on bike to work day?

ginacico
    Participant

@Bob James 158132 wrote:

So the consensus is not to bike to work, on bike to work day?

People actually work on BTWD?

I’ll be biking to work very early so I can man the tables at the NatGeo pit stop. Hopefully the Crystal City stop will be open along the way, to check off a point for BTWW. Probably won’t get to my desk until afternoon sometime.

kwarkentien
    Participant

New District Brewing had a PM stop last year that I went to. That way, I was able to drive to/from work in Columbia, get on my bike and ride to NDBC. It was a fine stop with beer and Bike Arlington swag. I’ll do that again if it’s an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mello yello
    Participant

I confirmed with Mike that New District Brewing will be doing the PM pit stop again this year, so you’ll have that to look forward to.

I registered for BTWD at a (new?) pit stop on my way to either Union Station or the Anacostia Trail – Twining! I’m sad to miss the Crystal City week and the big Rosslyn party this year.

Sunyata
    Participant

@Judd 157650 wrote:

I am. I was thinking about taking the day off work so that I could celebrate bike commuter Christmas more thoroughly.

Okay, it is official, I will be in town this weekend. We should plan a Bicycle Fun Club “Bike Commuter Christmas” party. 😎

Preferably not TOO many miles (less than 70?), since I will be doing a 150 mile gravel ride the next day. :D

streetsmarts
    Participant

@Judd 157677 wrote:

This can probably be arranged.

What would you take as bribes to organize such a ride on BTW Day? If you don’t, maybe I will. How about morning – tour de pitstops? after that – kayak somewhere on the Potomac and lunch (I can figure out this part)…. Afternoon ..more pitstops?:cool:

komorebi
    Participant

Some of us actually have to (gasp!) work on Bike to Work Day, but this year I’m going to try to hit 6 pit stops before going to the office. Tentative plan: Del Ray around 6:00 a.m. > Old Town around 6:30 a.m. > Carlyle in time for the 7:00 a.m. raffle > Shirlington > Crystal City > Freedom Plaza. If anyone wants to convoy, let me know.

lordofthemark
    Participant

@komorebi 159785 wrote:

Some of us actually have to (gasp!) work on Bike to Work Day, but this year I’m going to try to hit 6 pit stops before going to the office. Tentative plan: Del Ray around 6:00 a.m. > Old Town around 6:30 a.m. > Carlyle in time for the 7:00 a.m. raffle > Shirlington > Crystal City > Freedom Plaza. If anyone wants to convoy, let me know.

I should be able to go faster than I did last year, but since I want to be at Canal Park before 9, I will probably want to hit Shirlington earlier, and thus will skip the Alexandria pit stops (also maybe shame at not volunteering? :confused: ) But if I am making good time I would head to Freedom Plaza, as I have never been there on BTWD. So Shirlington>CC>Freedom Plaza>Canal Park

Edit: Looking back, it looks like I had plenty of time, got to Canal Park by 8:15, and that was with not heading out till 6:41. I really should be able to head out earlier. If I get out early enough, then I will go to Del Ray.

Birru
    Participant

Does anyone know the protocol for switching registration from one pitstop location to a different one?

Emm
    Participant

@Birru 160073 wrote:

Does anyone know the protocol for switching registration from one pitstop location to a different one?

Outside of a few pit stops (like Del Ray), many of them don’t check your name–they just hand you t-shirts and gear when you walk up. I think last year every pit stop I went to kept trying to hand me t-shirts and other gear outside of Del Ray. So if you can’t change it, don’t worry as long as you aren’t trying to go to Del Ray or another weirdly strict pit stop.

Or just register for a different stop using an alternate email address. I’m guessing that works too if there’s no formal process to change your stop.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@Birru 160073 wrote:

Email Nick Russo at Waba. He’ll do it.

Nick Russo

Birru
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 160081 wrote:

Email Nick Russo at Waba. He’ll do it.

Nick Russo

Thanks! That was easy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.