Bike to Work Day Dress Code

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2012 Bike to Work Day Dress Code

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    chris_s
    Participant

@kelinva 19927 wrote:

Do I get disqualified for wearing a marathon shirt with bike shorts? ;)

Neah – I rocked my standard $12 Target tech tee. :)

vvill
    Participant

I just wore a long sleeved soccer jersey since it was a bit chilly when I set out (6:10am or so).

Lt. Dan
    Participant

lol… Dress code? full mountain bike gear(including shoes w/pedals swapped over) on the road bike!!! I looked confused…..

MRH5028
    Participant

Khakis and a dress shirt for me. I was one of the few who decided not to wear the full biking outfit (that I saw at least). Luckily I arrived at work sweat free.

pfunkallstar
    Participant

Went with an obnoxiously bright orange windbreaker and completely out of season gortex booties (need new cleats).

dasgeh
    Participant

I went to grab my purple 2011 Bike to Work shirt, and grabbed my purple Piggly Wiggly shirt instead :-)

Too bad I had to throw on a jacket over it (I’m a wimp with weather)

eminva
    Participant

@Lt. Dan 19938 wrote:

lol… Dress code? full mountain bike gear(including shoes w/pedals swapped over) on the road bike!!! I looked confused…..

When you’ve been doing this a while you will see that regular commuters deviate from orthodoxy for practical reasons. Sounds like you made some wise choices the first time and might avoid the rookie mistakes that some of us went through.

Liz

consularrider
    Participant

@acc 19911 wrote:

I am fortunate to own a genuine all-in-one Bike Arlington Safety Vest. I am proud to wear it because:

It’s hi viz

It’s a vest

It’s a shirt

It’s a dress

It’s a small tent

It could possibly be a parachute

Best of all I can wear it over a backpack, winter jacket, and hoop skirt

But you didn’t keep it on at the pitstop! :(

I have altered mine to be a little more aerodynamic and wore it this morning over my Bike Arlington jersey from East Falls Church to Old Town. Once I met up with dbb in Old Town, the vest went into my rack trunk. It was good to see Zanna taking pictures in Rosslyn sporting her white Bike Arlington polo.

DaveK
    Participant

I hated to spandex up this morning but I ended up doing a lot more riding than I expected to. Perfect morning for just cruising in. Couldn’t have asked for better.

dasgeh
    Participant

I should add that my 19-month-old daughter wore her super-stylish pink mohawk helmet to the Rosslyn pit stop. I confess, for me the best part of bike to work day is having my wonderful husband and daughter bike (most of the way) to work with me!

acc
    Participant

@consularrider 19962 wrote:

But you didn’t keep it on at the pitstop! :(

I have altered mine to be a little more aerodynamic and wore it this morning over my Bike Arlington jersey from East Falls Church to Old Town. Once I met up with dbb in Old Town, the vest went into my rack trunk. It was good to see Zanna taking pictures in Rosslyn sporting her white Bike Arlington polo.

Yes, well.
    I got a little overheated.
    When I arrived at 5:50 this morning in the FreshBikes parking lot, Mr. Kelley was already busy. I asked what I could do to be helpful.
    He said, “Unload the truck.”
    Inside the van were about twenty boxes filled with swag. There were water bottles, vuvuzelas, t-shirts, sunscreen, socks, hats, maps, and bike pins just to mention some of the stuff.

There was a terrific turnout, we handed out hundreds of BTWD t-shirts, water bottles, and assorted bling.

Two messenger bags were won. The first one went to a child. A great moment came when one of the hardcore riders: perfect kit, zero body fat, gizillion dollar helmet, cool shades walked over to the kid and his dad and taught them how to adjust the bag. It was a nice interaction between two worlds that don’t normally converge.

And that was the best thing about today. I saw every kind of cyclist there is from racing team members to people in shirts and ties, and high school kids on their way to school. I even saw Dirt, and he is in his own separate category. :D I saw every size too from teeny, tiny women who ride bikes smaller than mine to great big guys who were sad we didn’t have any XXL t-shirts. I saw some amazing bikes, high-end fancy stuff that probably costs more than a decent facelift. I even saw a bike with cobwebs on it. Honest. I did.

The great thing about Bike to Work Day is it brings together so many different parts of the cycling community. I enjoyed that.

ann

KLizotte
    Participant

@acc 20046 wrote:

And that was the best thing about today. I saw every kind of cyclist there is from racing team members to people in shirts and ties, and high school kids on their way to school.

The great thing about Bike to Work Day is it brings together so many different parts of the cycling community. I enjoyed that.

ann

I really hope the big news outlets capture that cross section of riders (young, old, hard core, casual). A nice PR event to show that not all cyclists are the “evil stereotype.”

Certifried
    Participant

that’s pretty creative spam, nearly had me for a minute

bobco85
    Participant

Someone better tell Dirt he has an arch nemesis!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.