Bike to Work Day 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Emm
    Participant

Just a heads up Crystal City is still looking for Mon and Tues volunteers for Bike to Work Week. I’m volunteering both days, but as of this moment, I’m the only Monday volunteer :(

Here is what Cassie told me about what volunteers do:
    This year, we’re excited that the Stand will be providing most of the food, so we mostly need volunteers to help check riders in and give them their voucher to redeem for food at the Stand and make sure the bananas and granola bars are stocked on the snack table.

Check in is from 7-9am each day, so it would be great to have folks who can come around 6:45am to help set up (and check in any early birds).

If you can volunteer, send a note to Cassie Hurley @ churley@crystalcity.org. I’d really appreciate the company on Monday morning!

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

I just offered to help out both days. Hope to see you there!

KWL
    Participant

@Emm 177575 wrote:

Just a heads up Crystal City is still looking for Mon and Tues volunteers for Bike to Work Week. …..If you can volunteer, send a note to Cassie Hurley @ churley@crystalcity.org. I’d really appreciate the company on Monday morning!

Email sent. I just realized I have a bunch of free time on my hands. :)

KWL
    Participant

Looks like I’m on the crew for Wednesday.

CBGanimal
    Participant

@Emm 177575 wrote:

Just a heads up Crystal City is still looking for Mon and Tues volunteers for Bike to Work Week. I’m volunteering both days, but as of this moment, I’m the only Monday volunteer :(

Here is what Cassie told me about what volunteers do:
    This year, we’re excited that the Stand will be providing most of the food, so we mostly need volunteers to help check riders in and give them their voucher to redeem for food at the Stand and make sure the bananas and granola bars are stocked on the snack table.

Check in is from 7-9am each day, so it would be great to have folks who can come around 6:45am to help set up (and check in any early birds).

If you can volunteer, send a note to Cassie Hurley @ churley@crystalcity.org. I’d really appreciate the company on Monday morning!

I register for Tues-Thurs…see you then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

I’ll be volunteering with Emm in Crystal City on Monday and then at the Shirlington pitstop on Friday. Please stop by and say hi at both places!

consularrider
    Participant

@Arlingtonrider 177813 wrote:

I’ll be volunteering with Emm in Crystal City on Monday and then at the Shirlington pitstop on Friday. Please stop by and say hi at both places!

Will do!

rcannon100
    Participant

@consularrider 177815 wrote:

Will do!

You best be making an appearance at the coolest pit stop there is!!!! We’ll have….. we’ll have…. well we might have bubbles.

smb9600
    Participant

Do you have a planned route? I volunteered last year, but heard amazing stories of swag I missed out on, so am planning on trying to hit as many stops as possible this year instead! :)

Sunyata
    Participant

@rcannon100 177819 wrote:

You best be making an appearance at the coolest pit stop there is!!!! We’ll have….. we’ll have…. well we might have bubbles.

Oh yes… There WILL be bubbles. And a big green bus. AND a little green bus. And most importantly: ME! :D 😎

josh
    Participant

@smb9600 177820 wrote:

Do you have a planned route? I volunteered last year, but heard amazing stories of swag I missed out on, so am planning on trying to hit as many stops as possible this year instead! :)

Don’t know where your final destination is, but I’m starting from Arlington and my tentative plan is as follows (taking the opening times into account, and headed to Reston):
    Arlington — Ballston (don’t know where exactly w/o Freshbikes) @ 6:30
    Rosslyn — Gateway Park
    Crystal City
    Shirlington
    Bikenetic/Falls Church
    Vienna
    Reston
    Herndon

Tempted to try and work a DC one into there, but not sure how easy that would be. Won’t be getting into work early either way.

Henry
    Keymaster

@josh 177842 wrote:

Don’t know where your final destination is, but I’m starting from Arlington and my tentative plan is as follows (taking the opening times into account, and headed to Reston):
    Arlington — Ballston (don’t know where exactly w/o Freshbikes) @ 6:30

Same spot. Just now it’s Spokes, not FB.

smb9600
    Participant

Nice! I’m off that day – so I definitely would like to get at least one DC and Maryland stop in!

Steve O
    Participant

I will once again be volunteering at Ballston.

And I will have my t-shirt collection, complete from 2002, on display. Be sure to check it out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17847[/ATTACH]

KWL
    Participant

@Steve O 177875 wrote:

I will once again be volunteering at Ballston.

And I will have my t-shirt collection, complete from 2002, on display. Be sure to check it out.

I’ll look through all the bubbles for you and your shirts.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.