Bike to work day 2012 – registration up now

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2012 Bike to work day 2012 – registration up now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Tim Kelley
    Participant

Just moments ago, the official Bike to Work Day 2012 registration page went live. Find out all the details and register here: http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/

Rumor is that at Rosslyn and Ballston there will be unicyclists riding around passing out Chik-Fil-A coupons and there might even be a bike giveaway to one lucky participant at each of those stops.

pfunkallstar
    Participant

I like how the photo on the bike to work page is a solid 50/50 split of “helmet” v. “no helmet.” +1 for realism.

SpokeGrenadeSR
    Participant

the page after registering…

>> Save $5 on Bike DC – May 13th, 2012

All Bike to Work Day registrants receive a $5 discount on the Washington region’s largest community bike ride. Enjoy 20 miles of biking with your family and friends on car-free streets, highways and parkways in Washington, DC and Arlington. Bike DC is May 13th, 2031.

something to look forward to. very forward.

dbb
    Participant

Where will the best pit stops be? I’m thinking of having more fun with BTW Week this year

MCL1981
    Participant

I’m confused. Not a single one of these “pit stops” is on a trail…. you know… where everyone rides their bike…. Am I missing something obvious here?

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@MCL1981 16428 wrote:

I’m confused. Not a single one of these “pit stops” is on a trail…. you know… where everyone rides their bike…. Am I missing something obvious here?

Well, not everyone rides their bikes on trails. And it’s hard to find room on a trail for 900 square foot tents and space for 1000 people. In Rosslyn, Gateway Park is literally across the street from the Custis/Mt. Vernon intersection and serves many people coming from out west as well as everyone who works in Rosslyn.

In Ballston, our best partner for hosting the event is Freshbikes, which while is not as close to trails as Rosslyn is still in a excellent location for serving workers in Ballston. FWIW, the Crystal City stop is just off the Mt. Vernon Trail too.

I can’t speak to the other 56 pitstops in the area though…

MCL1981
    Participant

ohhhh. I didn’t know the pitstops were that large. I suppose that would be a problem.

americancyclo
    Participant

I heard that the Freedom Plaza stop wasn’t going to be as much of a focus this year. I’ve been leading in a convoy from Falls Church for the past few years, but I always hear that the Rosslyn Pit Stop is way better. I may have to make extra time to stop there this year. All the newbies can cross the river by themselves, right?

jrenaut
    Participant

@americancyclo 16448 wrote:

I heard that the Freedom Plaza stop wasn’t going to be as much of a focus this year. I’ve been leading in a convoy from Falls Church for the past few years, but I always hear that the Rosslyn Pit Stop is way better. I may have to make extra time to stop there this year. All the newbies can cross the river by themselves, right?

I’ve been hoping that this would be a good way to finally get the Occupy people out of the Freedom Plaza.

PrintError
    Participant

Wait, isn’t every day bike to work today?

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@PrintError 16459 wrote:

Wait, isn’t every day bike to work today?

Yup, but on May 18th you get free breakfast, a t-shirt, prizes and more…

PrintError
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 16464 wrote:

Last year, the manager of A-1 Cycling even gave me a free tube!
    Of course, I had just purchased a new bike from him two weeks prior, and it came with a flat tire.

That said, excellent customer service!

vvill
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 16464 wrote:

My favourites are the reflective ankle straps and rear blinkies. Although I lost one of my goDCgo ones a couple months and today saw it on someone else’s bike on the rack at work. I’m 99% sure it’s the same one, because there’s the same grease stain on it that I made. Glad to see it’s being used.

I think I got a DC Lottery towel last year too.

Wonder what colour the T-shirts will be this year.

I usually go to Freedom Plaza but I might stop at Rosslyn too this year.

PrintError
    Participant

@vvill 16471 wrote:

I usually go to Freedom Plaza but I might stop at Rosslyn too this year.

I’ve grown quite fond of the purple ones.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@vvill 16471 wrote:

Bright Lime Green! It’s a fun color. They coordinate with the website colors and the posters.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.