2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 2,239 total)
  • Author
    Serdar
    Participant

@cvcalhoun

A lot of people will scram when they see police, even if they were doing nothing wrong.

Did you scram out of that place as soon as you took your photo? wink

Nadine
    Participant

lol @drevil that would drive me nuts!

Grammar messups get me even worse. You know those signs st the grocery stores that say “15  items or LESS”? I have fantasies of bringing a permanent marker into grocery store & changing them all to FEWER.

The idea of all those little kids who come in with their parents who are just learning how to read, & still young enough to believe we know what we’re doing …. 🤦🏻‍♀️🫨🤷🏻

CaseyKane50
    Participant

2/13/2024

The weather made all the dogs scram to their cozy homes

Laurie E.
    Participant

2/13/24. Scram

The school’s buses are line up to SCRAM out of the parking lot.

CBGanimal
    Participant

2/13/24 Scram – i told these geese to scram (nicely) as I went down the MVT

AlanA
    Participant

2/13/2024 – Scram

Scram bled eggs are available here from 7 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week.  And feel free to tell me to scram for thinking of this.

Aaron bikes
    Participant

2/13/24 SCRAM

If you grew up with Sesame Street, you know Oscar the Grouch’s catch phrase was “SCRAM!”

Of course SCRAM has left the vernacular, so the label just says “go away”. Less linguistically satisfying…

And of course he’s far too cute as a plush doll… but special thanks to the wonderful staff at Kinderhaus toys in Clarendon for helping me out with this one.

Aaron bikes
    Participant

I was disappointed that there’s no nuclear reactor nearby for a photo.  My favorite “SCRAM” is the emergency shutdown for a nuclear reactor.

If the reaction is going critical, they insert control rods to slow it down.  The acronym “Safety Control Rod Axe Man” is because in the first nuclear reactor pile ( U Chicago) a guy with an axe literally stood ready to cut a rope that would drop control rods into the chamber to prevent runaway fission.

The More You Know…

LeftyLaura
    Participant

2/13/2024 this sign got cut off but after minors can’t be there after dark the last bullet was for the Canada Geese to SCRAM back to Canada.

LeftyLaura
    Participant

@CBGanimal Totally agree with the sentiment

bikesnick
    Participant

2/13/2024 – scram

SCRAMble indoor playground (Falls Church, VA) looks like fun. Maybe they have an adult evening?

consularrider
    Participant

#scavhunt – 2/13/2024 – Must be something about being named Chris, three groups of Canada Geese would not SCRAM not matter what we said as we rode north on the MVT along the Potomac.

camiller
    Participant

2/13/2024  Nothing says SCRAM like a No Soliciting sign at the end of the driveway.

AlanA
    Participant

@aaron-bikes  I thought about that.  NRC has HQ in Rockville, but on a day like today, I wasn’t going far from the house.

chill-dad
    Participant

@CBGanimal, I used to joke that I played Angry Birds with the geese who lived in Oxen Hill Cove Park and would take their goslings for walks on the trail.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 2,239 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.