2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Viewing 15 posts - 1,786 through 1,800 (of 2,237 total)
  • Author
    JoM
    Participant

3/9/2024 – cheer

Lots to cheer about: Maryland Meadworks is right off the trail, @rumipumi for being Rumi, and this lovely mural!

bikesnick
    Participant

3/9/2024 – cheer

At a football game, fans CHEER when their team scores a touchdown.

Mtansill
    Participant

3/9/2024 – Cheer

Despite the rain, the daffodils around Lake Artemesia bring me cheer.

Kbikeva
    Participant

3/10/2024    REMINDER  — TODAY  STARTS  THE  LAST 10

The Last 10 Days Announcement

AND here’s the big announcement. Starting March 10, one photo will get the point plus a bonus countdown point or points. The way it will work:

The best photo on March 10 = 2 points

The best photo on March 11 = 3 points

The best photo on March 12 = 4 points

The best photo on March 13 = 5 points

The best photo on March 14 = 6 points

and so on until

The best photo on March 18 = 10 points

Mtansill
    Participant

Jo, and you can also grab a cup of cheer while you’re there. 🙂

Mtansill
    Participant

Aaron Bikes – Wow! The rest of your photos from that morning are great, too!

Mtansill
    Participant

Indiana, love the short focal range and the houses in the background for contrast with the bird houses.

Mtansill
    Participant

Drevil, how have I never seen that van before?? Nice! 🙂

Aaron bikes
    Participant

3/9/24 CHEER

This is a shoutout to @serdar because I know you like to bike your empties to the glass drop center.

“A History of Past CHEER”, if you will.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

3/9/24 CHEER

Changing this one, since I found some human cheering: standing ovation at Arena Stage.

Nadine
    Participant

3/9/24 – CHEER

This place has always been a place of good cheer. First time I went into Bikenetic, I brought in my 1987 univega mtbk with an exploded front tire. It was probably 2006, when Bikenetic was the Jan and Brian show in this little place on Broad St. – not the beautiful newly painted storefront pictured here.You know how a lot of bike shops are snobby? The workers look down their nose at you if you’re riding the wrong kind of bike, or if you’re the 🤦🏻‍♀️ wrong gender?  Well I was both, and they were awesome. They laughed and explained why the tire had exploded while they fixed it. They were relaxed and happy, like there was nowhere else they’d rather be. I’ve loved them ever since.

Oh and then they got Pete! Pete Beers was my mechanic for 13 years. Once I showed up with a bulge in my tire an hour before opening time….. I’d arrived at a Babes ride & asked if anyone knew what the tire bulge I’d just discovered meant, & they’d said “Yeah it means you can’t ride today. Go home.” 😯

I rode to Bikenetic instead, realizing only as I was arriving that I didn’t actually know what time they opened. Sure enough they didn’t open til 11, and it was a li’l before 10. But there was Pete in the back, visible through the screen door, tryna get a jump on the backed up bike jobs.  Sure, he could help me with a new tire! I think he probably became my mechanic after that.

Now Pete was the king of good cheer. He would make regular fb posts saying ” If you’re reading this you are loved,” & “God bless everyone. No exceptions.” There are stories about his speaking to drivers who had cut him off on his bike with kindness & respect. Bikenetic still has a li’l memorial wheel for him in the store. ⚛️💕🚴🏼‍♂️👍🏼 I sure hope we can get the new bridge over Langston officially  dedicated to him.

AlanA
    Participant

3/9/2024 – Cheer

This would be anti-cheer.

consularrider
    Participant

#scavhut – 3/9/2024 – I would CHEER on the Rockford Peaches if they were still playing.  And peaches in Georgia give me a special reason to CHEER!

AlanA
    Participant

@kbikeva – I guess with the new bonus points system, I can fall even further behind!
    That’s ok.  I just enjoy trying to find something that will work for the topic of the day.
    Sometimes it works.  Sometimes it doesn’t.  I don’t really care.  The prize money won’t help that much.

AlanA
    Participant

@consularrider – I drove through a small portion of GA today.  Funny you should mention it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,786 through 1,800 (of 2,237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.