W&OD pitstops

Our Community Forums Where to ride? W&OD pitstops

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jrenaut
    Participant

If someone were to ride from DC to Purcellville and back on the W&OD, where might be some good spots to stop for refreshments and perhaps a bathroom?

If you’ve done the out and back century-ish ride and have some good advice, I’d love to hear it.

mstone
    Participant

I like carolina brothers, impossible to miss and they have pie. There are a lot of options though, mostly depends on what you are looking for. I personally tend to not each much during long rides as my stomach doesn’t really like it.

shirag
    Participant

Some options are Bicycles & Coffee in Purcellville, the Bike Lane in Reston, and Green Lizard (I think they all have some food, but I haven’t been recently). Also the Whole Foods and Caboose in Vienna.

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

Green Lizard Bike shop in Herndon for coffee & pastries on the way out, and beer on the way back, in addition to any repairs you may need. Ditto for the Bike Lane in Reston for beers and/or repairs. Both are within eyesight of the W&OD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikingjenn
    Participant

Lots of bathrooms on and slightly off of the trail–Old Ox Brewery is right on the trail in Ashburn. My son nrews the reLly good beer there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

consularrider
    Participant

Lots of places to hit, the Sweet Rose at Trails End in Purcellville mile 44.5, lots of places at Tuscarora Mill in Leesburg at mile 34, Carolina Brothers in Ashburn at mile 27.5, Green Lizard in Herndon mile 20, Lots in Reston mile 18, Bike Lane Brewing & Coffee Reston mile 16.5, Caboose Brewing in Vienna at mile 12, Whole Foods in Vienna at mile 11.5, Mike’s just off the trail near mile 7.5, and CafĂ© Kindred mile 6, lots of places in Shirlington at mile 0.

Sunyata
    Participant

There are approximately 900 (slight exaggeration) breweries on or just off the W&OD. They all have clean restrooms, tasty beverages (including water refill), and some have in-house food, while others often have food trucks.

jrenaut
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up ignoring everyone. I stopped at South Street Under in Leesburg on the way home for lunch, mostly because I’ve been there before. I pointedly did NOT stop at any breweries, as that likely would have prevented me from making it home. But I did make it home – 103.9 miles, my first unsupported century (and only 4th overall, the other three were the Wine Country Century out in CA).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.