wait, ANOTHER BTWD 2014?

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2014 wait, ANOTHER BTWD 2014?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    lordofthemark
    Participant

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dr-gridlock/wp/2014/05/16/cyclists-brave-the-rain-to-celebrate-bike-to-work-day/

“Organizers in the District are inviting folks to ride May 23.

If you didn’t bike to work due to the weather that’s ok, try bicycling to work next Friday May 23rd.

— Commuter Connections (@BikeToWorkDay) May 16, 2014″

I assume no pit stops or volunteers or swag?

Dirt
    Participant

Tomorrow is Bike To Work Day. :D
    14197755192_46739d6df8_b.jpg

rcannon100
    Participant

I think Monday is probably bike to work day too.

I heard that Eastern Market Pitstop sent out an email to registrants canceling and maybe bouncing to next week

Prob w next Fry is that it is the Fry before the official first weekend of summer; I believe that is an official “no one is in the office day”

DCLiz
    Participant

@rcannon100 85670 wrote:

I heard that Eastern Market Pitstop sent out an email to registrants canceling and maybe bouncing to next week

Yup, next Friday. Here is the text of the email:

You are receiving this email because you registered for Bike to Work Day at the Capitol Hill at Eastern Market Metro pit stop. Because of the driving downpours this morning, WE HAVE DECIDED TO POSTPONE THE CAPITOL HILL AT EASTERN MARKET PIT STOP UNTIL NEXT FRIDAY, MAY 23 AT THE SAME TIME, 7:30-9:30AM . I know we originally said “rain or shine” but it’s raining so hard that we wouldn’t even be able to setup our tent for shelter.

Next week’s pit stop will be a scaled back version of the event, with just tee shirt pickup, some snacks and we will still raffle off our giveaways. Here are some other options if you want to pick up your tee shirt prior to next Friday, May 23:

1. You can pick up your tee shirt at our office TODAY, between 7:00AM and 2:00PM. (see below for directions)
    2. You can pick up your tee shirt any time during the week next week, May 19 – 23 between normal business hours given that someone is in our office. Please email me to make arrangements.

I am sorry to have to postpone the event, but it is just not safe in this heavy rain. Thank you all for understanding.

lordofthemark
    Participant

@Dirt 85668 wrote:

No its not !

http://zemerl.com/cgi-bin/show.pl?title=Ain’t+gonna+work+on+Saturday

(with apologies to folks who must work on Saturday, to those who are not observant Jews or Seventh Day Adventists, etc) :)

Harry Meatmotor
    Participant

@Dirt 85668 wrote:

totally off the subject, but is that a beer can on your handlebars or are you just happy to see me (in the dark)?

couldn’t resist…

Dirt
    Participant

@Harry Meatmotor 85683 wrote:

totally off the subject, but is that a beer can on your handlebars or are you just happy to see me (in the dark)?

couldn’t resist…

It is a light capable of vaporizing a human target from space.

Dirt
    Participant

@lordofthemark 85682 wrote:

No its not! :)

For those of us who work 7 days per week, every day is Bike To Work Day. :D

dasgeh
    Participant

@Dirt 85687 wrote:

For those of us who work 7 days per week, every day is Bike To Work Day. :D

Every day is bike to something day. Unless it’s sit at home in your pajamas day, which is also awesome. :-)

Dirt
    Participant

@dasgeh 85689 wrote:

Every day is bike to something day. Unless it’s sit at home in your pajamas day, which is also awesome. :-)

I clicked *Unlike* many times for the sole purpose of being able to click *Like* again.

Harry Meatmotor
    Participant

@Dirt 85686 wrote:

It is a light capable of vaporizing a human target from space.

covet!

Dirt
    Participant

@Harry Meatmotor 85696 wrote:

covet!

*Burp*

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

Tomorrow is Bike to Work, er, Phoenix Derby, Day

skins_brew
    Participant

Someone was giving out free stuff at the MBT pit stop. No food or anything, but just free stuff and T-Shirts.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.