vvill’s vvond vvarewell hhappy hhour – Tuesday June 6

Our Community Forums Events vvill’s vvond vvarewell hhappy hhour – Tuesday June 6

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #919450
    Steve O
    Participant

    Our esteemed Australian friend, vvill, will be relocating a couple of hemispheres away later this month. Sad for us.

    But we can be happy for an hour (or several)

    Announcing Vvill’s Vvond Vvarewell Hhappy Hhour

    Tuesday, June 6
    Quarterdeck in Ft. Myer Heights (close to Rosslyn)
    Come when you can, figure we’ll start around 5ish, end when everyone leaves

    If you have any stories to share about vvill, bring ’em along.

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14899[/ATTACH]

    #1071596
    vvill
    Participant

    Thanks Steve O for organizing! If no one else shows up it’s okay. Maybe we can compare scars…

    #1071598
    consularrider
    Participant

    That’s a little late for me to be up since I have to take the sprout to the airport early in the morning, but I’ll be there in spirit.

    #1071604
    jrenaut
    Participant

    Wife will be out of town, but I’ll try to drag the kids out on the early side.

    #1071605
    streetsmarts
    Participant

    @vvill 160921 wrote:

    Thanks Steve O for organizing! If no one else shows up it’s okay. Maybe we can compare scars…

    Vvil we haven’t met I don’t think but I’ve enjoyed your contributions on the forum. I’ll come tues if I can. Good luck in the future.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

    #1071609
    Rootchopper
    Participant

    Thanks Steve. I’ll do my best to be there.

    #1071710
    Dickie
    Participant

    I’m going to try my best to be there…bummer that vvill is leaving us, won’t be the same without him.

    #1071760
    Steve O
    Participant

    Reminder that this is tonight. Hope to see you there.

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14921[/ATTACH]

    #1071763
    wheelswings
    Participant

    Is there a safe way to get to Quarterdeck from Key Bridge?
    I’m looking at the map but I’m not so familiar with that area. Grateful for a route suggestion…happy to ride extra miles to avoid the more threatening roads.
    Am hoping to say hi (and bye :( ) before my nightly gymnastics carpool-driving duties, assuming I can get out of work in time.
    Thanks!! w&w

    #1071764
    huskerdont
    Participant

    @wheels&wings 161101 wrote:

    Is there a safe way to get to Quarterdeck from Key Bridge?
    I’m looking at the map but I’m not so familiar with that area. Grateful for a route suggestion…happy to ride extra miles to avoid the more threatening roads.
    Am hoping to say hi (and bye :( ) before my nightly gymnastics carpool-driving duties, assuming I can get out of work in time.
    Thanks!! w&w

    The N. Rhodes/N. Queen street bridge over Route 50 is fine. You could take the Wilson Blvd. bike lane up to Rhodes and turn left.

    ETA: The way I usually get to Wilson from Key is up the Custis (or on Lee Highway for one block), left on Fort Meyer, then right on Nash to Wilson. Comfort levels on Fort Meyer are rider- and traffic-dependent.

    #1071767
    Steve O
    Participant

    @huskerdont 161102 wrote:

    The N. Rhodes/N. Queen street bridge over Route 50 is fine. You could take the Wilson Blvd. bike lane up to Rhodes and turn left.

    ETA: The way I usually get to Wilson from Key is up the Custis (or on Lee Highway for one block), left on Fort Meyer, then right on Nash to Wilson. Comfort levels on Fort Meyer are rider- and traffic-dependent.

    Something like this. Note that the right is 19th St/Nash where you turn right. Not sure what the street signs say at that point.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14923[/ATTACH]

    You can also go straight on Ft. Myer, cross Rte. 50 at the ramps and turn right on 14th. More traffic this way, though, plus dealing with the cars at the Rte 50 interchange.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.