Updates to homepage, NoBAFS reminder

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Updates to homepage, NoBAFS reminder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    hozn
    Participant

HI folks,

I applied a few updates the the homepage to give some snapshot stats.

http://freezingsaddles.com/

If you have others you think might be fun let me know — if we have the data and it’s not too much work,I can make it happen :) (I have a list of other changes I still need to make to the site, such as adding the #kidical leaderboard and adding a distance leaderboard, and I have an idea about “team participation” visualization that could prove interesting.)

Also, just a reminder that if you’re doing a trainer ride, you need to either 1) mark it as such (i.e. ensure that strava has it listed as “Stationary Trainer”, i.e. check the “trainer” check box when editing the ride in the web UI) or 2) or add the text “#NoBAFS” to your ride summary to ensure it is excluded.

Thanks! Happy riding!

KayakCyndi
    Participant

Those updates are awesome. Just saw them. Thanks Hozn. Now everyone can see just how hard core (or just plain silly) this bunch really is!

Ride on my friends.

Toonces
    Participant

Love all the updates and data sets. We’re crazy!

dbb
    Participant

@dgm 75643 wrote:

Love all the updates and data sets. We’re crazy!

Actually, I think we are on the far edge of crazy.

Mikey
    Participant

We are the outliers

vvill
    Participant

@hozn 75636 wrote:

If you have others you think might be fun let me know — if we have the data and it’s not too much work,I can make it happen :) (I have a list of other changes I still need to make to the site, such as adding the #kidical leaderboard and adding a distance leaderboard, and I have an idea about “team participation” visualization that could prove interesting.)

Sounds awesome!

What about a snapshot for miles ridden below freezing, in the snow, in the dark. :D

dbb
    Participant

@vvill 75660 wrote:

Sounds awesome!

What about a snapshot for miles ridden below freezing, in the snow, in the dark. :D

while carrying lunch or heading northwest!:)

Dirt
    Participant

Bicycling is normal and safe. :D

The new stats are awesome. It is wonderful to see so many people being normal and safe all winter.

dkel
    Participant

I’d like to see how everyone is performing relative to their submitted handicap. I know I’m a little above mine, which makes me happy, but some of these crazies—I mean normal, safe people must be totally busting theirs.

hozn
    Participant

Yeah, we don’t have handicap data in the app. I think there was some sensitivity to publishing that; however, we could probably show weekly scores by member for each team. (I.e. make team page richer.)

dkel
    Participant

@hozn 75707 wrote:

Yeah, we don’t have handicap data in the app. I think there was some sensitivity to publishing that; however, we could probably show weekly scores by member for each team. (I.e. make team page richer.)

Handicap was part of the registration page, so the data is somewhere, I guess. The weekly score for individuals would be great, though, and would serve a similar end.

Since I haven’t personally said this, and I think it should be said often by all of us: thanks, hozn, for all your work on this!! I’m amazed at how incredibly cool freezingsaddles.com is, and could see it being of use to just about any cycling club. Well done!

peterw_diy
    Participant

@dkel 75719 wrote:

I think it should be said often by all of us: thanks, hozn, for all your work on this!! I’m amazed at how incredibly cool freezingsaddles.com is

Hear, hear! Thank you hozn, jrenault, ronwalf, rcannon100, and everybody else who put bafs together.

KLizotte
    Participant

@peterw_diy 75720 wrote:

Hear, hear! Thank you hozn, jrenault, ronwalf, rcannon100, and everybody else who put bafs together.

Yes, you all ROCK big time!!!! Can’t thank you enough. There will be extra bikes for you in heaven, that is for sure.

Subby
    Participant

@KLizotte 75731 wrote:

Yes, you all ROCK big time!!!! Can’t thank you enough. There will be extra bikes for you in heaven, that is for sure.

Wait…there are bikes in heaven!?!? I definitely need to stop sinning so much. :

jopamora
    Participant

Fixed it for ya.

@Subby 75815 wrote:

Wait…there are bikes in heaven!?!? I definitely need to stop spinning so much. :

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.