The New Traffic Pattern for Hains Point

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions The New Traffic Pattern for Hains Point

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Starduster
    Participant

I have heard much discussion regarding the revised traffic pattern and bike lane markings for East Potomac Park, a.k.a. Hains Point. So I rode…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30843[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30844[/ATTACH]
    From the west end of Ohio Dr. SW and Buckeye Dr. SW.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30845[/ATTACH]
    And the east end, at the golf course entry.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30846[/ATTACH]
    The shared pedestrian bike lane *does* allow you to ride most of Hains Point in the opposite direction. Pedestrians were walking that way, only one bike on this day. There were some occasions where I cut over to the main traffic lane to pass those on foot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30847[/ATTACH]
    You were wondering what happened to the angle-in parking spaces? Here ya go.

I see nothing that should impede anyone’s fast training rides and paceline work, other than the peak congestion that will always happen. We do have to share the place with the locals who picnic and fish here.

consularrider
    Participant

@Starduster 226068 wrote:

I have heard much discussion regarding the revised traffic pattern and bike lane markings for East Potomac Park, a.k.a. Hains Point. So I rode…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30843[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30844[/ATTACH]
    From the west end of Ohio Dr. SW and Buckeye Dr. SW.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30845[/ATTACH]
    And the east end, at the golf course entry.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30846[/ATTACH]
    The shared pedestrian bike lane *does* allow you to ride most of Hains Point in the opposite direction. Pedestrians were walking that way, only one bike on this day. There were some occasions where I cut over to the main traffic lane to pass those on foot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30847[/ATTACH]
    You were wondering what happened to the angle-in parking spaces? Here ya go.

I see nothing that should impede anyone’s fast training rides and paceline work, other than the peak congestion that will always happen. We do have to share the place with the locals who picnic and fish here.

I believe buses are no longer allowed.

Starduster
    Participant

A sign says so.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.