TEAM FIFTEEN

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Godzilla
    Participant

Greetings! If you are a member of TEAM FIFTEEN, sound off!

I’ve added a bunch of you on Strava, but couldn’t find everyone. If you want to add me: https://www.strava.com/athletes/97255456

epilsk
    Participant

Glad to be here!  Hope we can organize some team rides

Godzilla
    Participant

That’s the plan! Based on locations so far, we should be able to get some in starting in downtown Silver Spring. I often do a loop that goes through DTSS and up to Lake Needwood, which is very pretty, even this time of year.

Godzilla
    Participant

Heres’s the Strava Club Link:

https://www.strava.com/clubs/1206585

It is currently open for anyone to join. Once we’re all in I’ll lock it / make it invite-only.

Also taking team name suggestions.

Lizard Wizards?

Team Taco Supreme?

Tortoise Chasers?

North Coasters? (Because we’re mostly northern DC and Silver Spring area, and coasting is a thing we probably all like to do)

Bike Vikings?

Absurdity is kind of my jam, but open to any suggestions.

epilsk
    Participant

I was also thinking something like Beach Drive Bombers?  Life is a Beach (Dr.)?

jen_stoly
    Participant

Hi all! I think you may need to email folks to let them know they are on this team. I had no idea until I saw the strava group invite. I will mull team names but all of the suggestions are fun.

wanderinggnome
    Participant

So fun to meet some of you last night! I will also ponder team names – loving the Beach Drive Bombers and North Coasters but am really up for anything. 🙂

jen_stoly
    Participant

Since I couldn’t make it to the happy hour last night, can folks introduce themselves? I’d like to know your names! I’m Jennifer Stoloff. I live in East Silver Spring–that’s the area just south of downtown, north of Takoma Park, and slightly east of the DC border. I am a slow-and-steady rider but I enjoy longer group rides. Look forward to a Team Fifteen meetup soon!

merlin
    Participant

Merlin Hughes, Takoma Park. I make my daily 10 miles, usually on the Ross Hill loop, and am very bad at planning anything longer.

epilsk
    Participant

I am Eric Pilsk, also in Takoma Park, just up the hill from Merlin.  I commute downtown daily and, weather and life permitting, get a good 20 miles a day.  I love long rides and am happy to help organize a weekend team ride.  My go-to longish ride is something around 65 miles out to one of the beer farms near Laytonsville (Elder Pine, Waredaca, or Brookeville), or just staying in RCP if the weather is not good.  Lots of shorter (and longer!) options west through Potomac or north.

Godzilla
    Participant

I’ll email everyone later tonight or tomorrow (off to a show tonight, won’t be back until late).

Thanks for chiming in, team! I won’t be able to make a group ride this weekend, unfortunately (my spouse is on work travel and I have young kids, so I have to stay in the neighborhood mostly), but I will plan something for the following weekend. Maybe start in downtown Silver Spring and go up Beach Drive a ways. Ideas welcome.

mlyttle
    Participant

I initially gravitated toward Beach City Bombers (but my wife pointed out that using the term bomb or bombers might not be the most PC given the world events right now, not sure how I feel, but thought I’d throw it out for discussion’s sake… this is also why I’ll keep my initial thought… the Chain Gang off the table!). So maybe something along those lines:

Beach Drive Biker Gang

Rock Creek Rollers

They See Us Rollin’

Greased Lightning

I Want to Ride My Bicycle…

(thank you and goodnight… I’ll show myself out now…)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.