Team 19: Prime Time

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    secstate
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20667[/ATTACH]

Welcome to Team 19: Prime Time!

Members should join our Strava club. Please feel free to use that club or this thread to organize team rides and meetups.

You’re also highly encouraged to monitor other teams’ threads and infiltrate their activities! I’m sponsoring a special Prime Time pointless prize for the team member who infiltrates the most activities hosted by other teams (post your infiltrations on this thread!).

See you on the road!

secstate
    Participant

[ This post reserved for infiltrator prize scoreboard ]

secstate
    Participant

I look forward to meeting some or all of you at happy hour this evening!

By way of introduction, I’ve been cycling regularly since around 2014, first in Minneapolis and now here in DC. I’m something of an all-rounder: my bicycle is my car, so I’m regularly going all about the city for work, shopping, and events. I also enjoy recreational rides on roads and trails. I entered my first gravel event last summer — the Gravel Race Up Spruce Knob, which I highly recommend — and have done some bicycle camping on the C&O and in West Virginia. This is my third year in Freezing Saddles. My goal is to ride every day.

My regular commute takes me from Mt. Pleasant to/from GWU, where I’m a PhD student. If I have energy to burn in the evenings, I often do an Arlington Loop or head out to Hains Point.

Remember, Team 19 is not the only prime in the competition, just the best!

Team 19 Infiltrator Prize

Inspired by and heavily cribbing from the Infiltrator prize Sunyata sponsored in 2017, the team member who attends the most team-specific events hosted by other teams will win glory and a pretty nice prize.

What is a team-specific event?

1) A BAFS team-specific happy hour planned by members of one team that is either publicly or privately posted and has a minimum of two members from the posting team;
    2) A BAFS team-specific ride of at least five miles planned by members of one team that is either publicly or privately posted and has a minimum of two members from the posting team;
    3) Any other team-specific bike-related event that is either publicly or privately posted and has a minimum of two members from the posting team.

To get credit, post to this thread 1) which team organized the event; 2) a brief description of the event; 3) a photograph; and (for rides only) a Strava link.

Happy infiltrating!

crob129
    Participant

Hi all! This is my first year doing FS. I have a 3.7 mile commute but I’m planning to start adding another .3 miles so long as I don’t have a 9am meeting. I mostly ride to get around town. Recently installed full fenders which are a game changer. I am definitely in for some team happy hours (although I can’t make tonight’s opener). Go team! -chris

secstate
    Participant

We’ll be adding one team member (TBA) from the waitlist, and who knows where they’ll be from, but for now most of us are in DC (Palisades, Mt. Pleasant, Brookland). It should be pretty easy to get together for a team ride, happy hour, or coffee.

Indiana
    Participant

Hi, Team Prime Time! Bill and I enjoyed meeting a few of you on Tuesday! We weren’t sure if spouses would end up on the same team, but here we both are, newbies trying to figure out the forum and remember to turn on Strava before hitting the road.

We got roped into Freezing Saddles by our elementary schooler (“MBear” on the Pointless Kids scoreboard). She heard about it last year and has been itching to get credit for her daily riding. I’m mostly a utilitarian cyclist, using the bike to get around the city. I typically work from home, but should try to schedule more far-flung meetings to bike to this winter. Bill’s a regular bike commuter.

The MBT is our most frequented trail, but we also like to explore new areas by bike. Looking forward to this journey with you all!

Indiana
    Participant

P.S. I’m pretty impressed by the riders here! For the first time I find myself wondering if I need more lycra in my life…

Lillimbing
    Participant

Hi all, Lilli here! Sorry for my late introduction–I’m not so great at keeping up with forums, but I’ll try! It was nice to meet a few of you last week, and I’ve been enjoying watching everyone’s rides on Strava. I’m a high school teacher/four-season commuter/bikepacking adventurer/wannabe road rider. This is my second year doing Freezing Saddles, and I think it’s one of the most confidence-boosting things I’ve done on my bike. If I can ride to work in 12 degree weather, I can do anything, right? My fiancé is on team 16, so my two goals for this year are to beat him and ride every day throughout FS. I’d love to get together for rides when possible–I live right by the C&O if anyone feels like a low-key, social pace gravel ride sometime?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.