Team 18 is alive!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    bikedavid
    Participant

Welcome to Team 18. It was great to meet those of you that made it to the happy hour last night.

Join our Strava group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/335279

We haven’t decided on a team name. Hard to come with a pun involving 18 but John and Louis were saying that 18 is a lucky number in Hebrew I think meaning alive or living so maybe something involving that? If you have any team name suggestions please post.

Feel free to introduce yourself and any rides that you would like to do.

My name is David and I am a sucker for any rides involving beer, coffee, or donuts.

Happy riding!

bikedavid
    Participant

A few photos from last night including a few members of the team5d8508d2ef6e5ce4eea55a4fa295dc65.jpg9b31d734d24f8f650c5aa9b7fd659276.jpg83f24bd20e628735ac11022701e5043d.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

bob_dc
    Participant

@bikedavid 171443 wrote:

Welcome to Team 18. It was great to meet those of you that made it to the happy hour last night.

Join our Strava group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/335279

We haven’t decided on a team name. Hard to come with a pun involving 18 but John and Louis were saying that 18 is a lucky number in Hebrew I think meaning alive or living so maybe something involving that? If you have any team name suggestions please post.

Feel free to introduce yourself and any rides that you would like to do.

My name is David and I am a sucker for any rides involving beer, coffee, or donuts.

Happy riding!

Hello, happy to be part of the team! Look forward to any rides that are planned that I can make and hope we can all meet up sometime soon.

I CAN also suggest a ride and welcome anyone to join. On January 20th there is a ride scheduled with DC Randonneurs and is open to all riders anyway. It meets at Glen Echo (the Post Office on MacArthur) and leaves 9 a.m. (sharp usually!). 68 miles. If you want more information I’m glad to provide it. I’ve ridden the route before, it’s a good one and there is a real nice food stop right in the middle at the turnaround point in Hyattstown. There also is free pizza at the end of the ride, provided by the club.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26702919

Bob

Dirt
    Participant

Hey Team 18. Kind of weird to be talking about freezing saddles when it is supposed to be almost 70 degrees tomorrow. At least we may see some snow flakes on Saturday.

See y’all out there.

Pete

Dirt
    Participant

If anyone has Fridays off, likes warm weather, gravel and lots of rain, I’m leading a ride in Loudoun County tomorrow. Details on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2004190496466065/

Lightgirrl
    Participant

Happy to be part of team 18. I’m sick as a dog right now so I’m sorry I didn’t make it last night. Hope to be out riding soon.
    Annemarie

Dirt
    Participant

I’d also like to apologize. At least half of my miles these days are on an indoor trainer due to some physical therapy that I’m working on. I’ll still get my outdoor miles in every day, but it won’t be as many as I’d hoped. Hopefully things will be a little better as the winter moves on.

bob_dc
    Participant

Allow me to suggest a team name of “Frozen Sandbaggers” since we’re almost in last place!!

It’s all for fun, no worries. My first venture into freezing saddles was last year. I had a great time and got to know a few riders better. Our team was in fourth place most of the time, until the very last hours of competition. Sneaky team, can’t remember which one it was that passed us.

rbech
    Participant

Hey Team 18! Sorry I didn’t make happy hour last night. Looks like folks had a great time. Looking forward to a great few months of riding.

“Frozen Sandbaggers” works for me!

Steve O
    Participant

@bikedavid 171446 wrote:

A few photos from last night including a few members of the team

More importantly, you got a picture of me
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16173[/ATTACH]

Steve O
    Participant

@bob_dc 171483 wrote:

I CAN also suggest a ride and welcome anyone to join. On January 20th there is a ride scheduled with DC Randonneurs and is open to all riders anyway. It meets at Glen Echo (the Post Office on MacArthur) and leaves 9 a.m. (sharp usually!). 68 miles. If you want more information I’m glad to provide it. I’ve ridden the route before, it’s a good one and there is a real nice food stop right in the middle at the turnaround point in Hyattstown. There also is free pizza at the end of the ride, provided by the club.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26702919

Bob

Please add rides and events to the FS Calendar. If you were in FS previously, you should have editing rights to it. You can access by scrolling down to the bottom of the home page freezingsaddles.com or find here.
    If you don’t have editing rights, PM me with your Google email address and I will share the whole calendar with you.

jlevine
    Participant

Hi there Team 18! I am looking forward to riding with you all. David, thanks for taking on the team captain role! The team name suggestion I threw out last night was Team L’chaim. L’chaim means “To life” in Hebrew and the number 18 in Jewish numerology signifies L’chaim. And I think all of us doing Freezing Saddles are celebrating life. Plus it’s fun for me to hear non-Hebrew speakers try to pronounce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob_dc
    Participant

@jlevine 171732 wrote:

Hi there Team 18! I am looking forward to riding with you all. David, thanks for taking on the team captain role! The team name suggestion I threw out last night was Team L’chaim. L’chaim means “To life” in Hebrew and the number 18 in Jewish numerology signifies L’chaim. And I think all of us doing Freezing Saddles are celebrating life. Plus it’s fun for me to hear non-Hebrew speakers try to pronounce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello back at you. Agree with thanking David, I appreciate your role as Captain, David. I also see that the group now has 9 members! I assume other bafs participants are usually added from the reserve list is usual procedure?

In regards to team name .. in the spirit of sir A.C., I’m 18 and I don’t know what I want (possibly showing my age here).

bikedavid
    Participant

@bob_dc 171818 wrote:

Hello back at you. Agree with thanking David, I appreciate your role as Captain, David. I also see that the group now has 9 members! I assume other bafs participants are usually added from the reserve list is usual procedure?

In regards to team name .. in the spirit of sir A.C., I’m 18 and I don’t know what I want (possibly showing my age here).

I emailed a couple of folks that may not have seen the team assignments on the forum. It looks like they’ve joined our Strava group so we are now up to 11.

bob_dc
    Participant

@bikedavid 171882 wrote:

I emailed a couple of folks that may not have seen the team assignments on the forum. It looks like they’ve joined our Strava group so we are now up to 11.

So, I’m okay with any name and see the value of L’chaim associated with 18 (and being alive also is good). It would be nice to associate it with something wintery or icy. L’chaim on the rocks? The L’chaimcicles? The Frozen L’chaim Weelies?

Other thoughts: Ice Road Bikers (18 wheeler association). Then, there’s the 18th Amendment (prohibition) – the Freezeasies?

Bob

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.