Survey posted for MTP Bike Elements Update

Our Community Forums Arlington MTP Bike Elements Update Survey posted for MTP Bike Elements Update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Henry
    Keymaster

Please share your thoughts with us about biking in and around Arlington by taking our survey.

We began circulating this survey last weekend at the County Fair and it will be open through September 22. The information will help inform the working group as it develops the framework for the policy.

Henry Dunbar

elbows
    Participant

If I may, I will offer the comment that while I appreciate the survey and think it is pretty good, it does not offer a chance to speak to an important element of what Arlington County could do to help people feel safer on bikes – enforcement.

ACPD is not on bikes (except for rare exceptions like events), and rarely cites drivers for the type of infractions like close passing that make cyclists unsafe. Bike lanes without a plastic bollards are vehicle pullover lanes. You can barely ride for 1 minute without encountering a vehicle and I have never seen enforcement of that in Arlington. Then there are things like this.

Henry
    Keymaster

Elbows:

Thank you. I will add this to the other comments we received separate from the survey.

Henry

Dewey
    Participant

Some of the comments on the ArlNow post on the survey are unreal.

chris_s
    Participant

@Dewey 168899 wrote:

Some of the comments on the ArlNow post on the survey are unreal.

Compared to the vitriol of years past, I found them surprisingly tame.

Mostly complaints about self-selection which is a valid criticism (response: we didn’t have a budget for a statistically-valid survey).

Judd
    Participant

@chris_s 169030 wrote:

Compared to the vitriol of years past, I found them surprisingly tame.

Mostly complaints about self-selection which is a valid criticism (response: we didn’t have a budget for a statistically-valid survey).

Especially compared to the normal comments about how it’s okay to murder me because I’m on a bike, very tame.

It would have been nice to get a broad community survey. I think the results are still helpful though since the it captured people that are interested in biking.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.