Stokesville Strade Saturday March 5th

Our Community Forums Events Stokesville Strade Saturday March 5th

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tbronder
    Participant

Hey folks, I’m going to try and post more to not ride alone so much.

https://www.bikereg.com/stokesville-strade

I signed up for the full two loop experience. Anybody else heading down? I can fit two people + bikes if you want to carpool (PM me). 11am start time means no waking up at some awful hour.

Tyler

Tania
    Participant

I’m registered for the 33 mile loop but I’ve been battling a rub/chafing issue post-bike fit/ramping up mileage and this weekend it crossed over from “kinda annoying” to “I CAN’T EVEN WEAR PANTS.”

Hopefully staying off the bike this week will let it heal a bit so I can ride it. Also, hopefully the forecasted chances of snow are a joke.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@Tania 135881 wrote:

I’m registered for the 33 mile loop but I’ve been battling a rub/chafing issue post-bike fit/ramping up mileage and this weekend it crossed over from “kinda annoying” to “I CAN’T EVEN WEAR PANTS.”

Hopefully staying off the bike this week will let it heal a bit so I can ride it. Also, hopefully the forecasted chances of snow are a joke.

Aquaphor is your friend!

Tania
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 135882 wrote:

Aquaphor is your friend!

…and my big tub of it that I had to fish out from under the couch (thanks cat) expired three years ago. I’m using it anyway.

hozn
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 135882 wrote:

Aquaphor is your friend!

Yes aquaphor is the money. And aquaphor laced with bacitracin for when you probably shouldn’t ride but are going to anyway.

dkel
    Participant

@Tania 135884 wrote:

…and my big tub of it that I had to fish out from under the couch (thanks cat) expired three years ago. I’m using it anyway.

It’s like half petroleum jelly. That stuff is made out of dinosaurs, so it can’t expire. Or something.

Sunyata
    Participant

No Strade for me, but if you guys camp overnight you will get to see me ride my FS mountain bike for the first time in a month and a half!

I will be doing the 40 loop of the 60/40 on Sunday. 😎

tbronder
    Participant

I hope you’re healed up Tania. If you do make it out, say hi to me: I’ll be on the S&S coupled Ti bike w/dyno lights wearing a blue Road Holland jersey.
    Tyler

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.