seeking advice on Banneker Park detour

Our Community Forums Where to ride? seeking advice on Banneker Park detour

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Steve O
    Participant

@Tania 198825 wrote:

Is the “preferred” route for both east and west (using eastbound as an example) taking columbia/16th to Roosevelt and then sneaking out into the bike lane so that you can see traffic coming from the left on Roosevelt and then scooting out into the median to check traffic coming from the right? Then you pop onto that little side street that comes out by the basketball court.

Map please?

Yes, both directions. There’s a map on post #7 in this thread.

Sunyata
    Participant

@Tania 198825 wrote:

I haven’t had to ride any of this since it all started because of an ankle injury but I’m hoping to start next week.

Is the “preferred” route for both east and west (using eastbound as an example) taking columbia/16th to Roosevelt and then sneaking out into the bike lane so that you can see traffic coming from the left on Roosevelt and then scooting out into the median to check traffic coming from the right? Then you pop onto that little side street that comes out by the basketball court.

Before I had to stop riding, I was using Columbia Street to get around the Lee Hwy bridge so staying on that seems like a nice continuation.

Honestly, the sight lines are not that bad. If you are uncomfortable crossing Roosevelt (which, I have a feeling you will not be once you actually see it), you can always ride the sidewalk down to cross at the HAWK signal.

Tania
    Participant

@Steve O 198827 wrote:

There’s a map on post #7 in this thread.

I was asking consularrider for his route (specifically after he crossed roosevelt).

Steve O
    Participant

@Tania 198837 wrote:

I was asking consularrider for his route (specifically after he crossed roosevelt).

That’s on post 5 from this thread. Enjoy!

DrP
    Participant

Anyone know when they are going to finish the work? The electronic sign says that the work will be in the month of May, which is long passed. The Arlington County page says that they will be finished in Q3 (I spend too much time thinking about GFY to know if Q3 is done or we are in the midst of it). I realize that COVID has slowed things down, but I was wondering if there was more information (and perhaps I am possibly looking at the wrong place on the county site for it). And can they update the sign?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.