Security Measures that Conflict with Bicycling

Our Community Forums Federal Interagency Bike Group Security Measures that Conflict with Bicycling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Egoodman
    Participant

This thread is for discussion about security measures around our buildings that can be an impediment to bicycling and bike commuting to work.

Judd
    Participant

Pretty much everything at the GSA building right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLizotte
    Participant

@Judd 150125 wrote:

Pretty much everything at the GSA building right now.

Hey! We’re neighbors

Bastille
    Participant

@Egoodman 150122 wrote:

This thread is for discussion about security measures around our buildings that can be an impediment to bicycling and bike commuting to work.

Some security measures that interfere with riding are bollards and vehicle barriers

dbb
    Participant

I did a tour of a number of Federal Buildings about two years ago (during a security debate with our building) and offer these photos.

[ATTACH]12963[/ATTACH]

Egoodman
    Participant

@dbb 150525 wrote:

I did a tour of a number of Federal Buildings about two years ago (during a security debate with our building) and offer these photos.

[ATTACH]12963[/ATTACH]

Dana, thanks for the report.

One of my issues with security measures, is around security barriers. In many cases there are not curb cuts on either side (before and after) the barriers, and this means riding along a sidewalk until you find a driveway apron or curb cut, or dismounting and lifting your bike over the curb.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.