Rosslyn hill construction

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions Rosslyn hill construction

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steve O
    Participant

Did anyone ride up or down the Rosslyn hill on the Custis today?
    I heard a second-hand report that a rider was directed by workers to ride on Langston west of Scott St. without any protection – no cones blocking the lane or anything. I don’t imagine this is the accepted detour.

arlcxrider
    Participant

No issues this morning, at 0730.

Sunyata
    Participant

When I rode through there yesterday morning (~6:30), there were cones blocking a lane on Langston, but the trail was clear. I took the long way home, so can not comment on how it was yesterday afternoon.

arlcxrider
    Participant

Re-routed off the trail onto Langston between Scott and Quinn this morning. The lane is protected.

Rootchopper
    Participant

Riders heading west were directed off Langston onto N Scott Street by road crew personnel. There were no signs indicating where to go after that. We (there were 2 riders in front of me) just improvised. At one point we ended up back in the construction area. After a course correction, we re-connected with the trail after the I-66 bridge. I’d say the road crew isn’t exactly up to speed on safe accommodations.

huskerdont
    Participant

Scott to Oak, or vice versa, is the route I take much of the time anyway, especially home up the hill. If heading outbound, it’s right on Oak, left on 22nd St., brief left on Queen, right on 21st Rd, left on Rolfe, right on 21st Rd. again, left on Scott, right on 21st St., then left on Smyth or Troy to 20th where the trail is again. It sounds complicated because Arlington loves to put their same-numbered roads and streets right next to each other, but once you’ve done it, it’s easy. There are actually a couple of variations that can be done as well.

Some of you people likely have those mappy things on your phones mounted in front of you, in which case can just follow that.

arlcxrider
    Participant

Great minds think alike, huskerdont. That’s my “uphill” route too–avoids the pedestrian/dog-walker/slow rider/narrow trail crapstorm behind the sound wall. Downhill is usually in the morning and not problem. No daisy pickers at that hour. Most people just want to get to work in a timely fashion.

Tomas Fol
    Participant

From easy and scenic to explosive. We have trails for every skill level and taste.

https://mtb-adventure.dk/ture/
    Our team of professionals is on hand to help you choose the perfect route, pick up the equipment and get you ready to go.

If you don’t have your own bike or want to try something new, we have a large selection of bikes and accessories for rent.

From beginners to professionals, we have training courses and guided tours to help you improve your riding technique and discover new mountain routes.
    Join our active community of riders, participate in our events, competitions and activities, share your experiences and meet new friends.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.