Return of Calvinball!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kwarkentien
    Participant

Reintroducing Calvinball to Freezing Saddles. (Search the forum for a complete history of this game.)

There will be multiple Calvinballs thrown out into the wild for folks to find and hide. Please remember this is a “hot potato” game, not a “make this really hard to find” game.

The ball (shape may be a water bottle or similar–I will post pic of each Calvinball that’s deployed so you know what you’re looking for) needs to be placed in “public” areas. Do not put the ball on or adjacent to military or government installations (i.e., on the grounds at the Pentagon or outside the gate at Ft Myer is a no-no). Take a picture that clearly shows where the ball is “hiding” so that seekers will have a good chance of finding it. Please place the ball during daylight hours to make the location clearer and don’t hold onto the ball for more than a few hours before redeploying it.

Each Calvinball will have a unique name and separate thread here on the forum associated with it. Make sure to post on the correct thread.

Goodies may be in the ball. Feel free to take one out to keep but put back another tchotchke in its place.

I’ll be deploying some Calvinballs this week. And if there’s a volunteer or two from the wilds of Murland who wants to coordinate Monkey and/or PG County, reach out and we can get that rolling as well.

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sszibler
    Participant

I may put one out tonight. It’ll just be the one that never got picked up last year. It is full and may need a restock and tossing of items that maybe no one wanted.

@kwarkentien 227039 wrote:

Reintroducing Calvinball to Freezing Saddles. (Search the forum for a complete history of this game.)

There will be multiple Calvinballs thrown out into the wild for folks to find and hide. Please remember this is a “hot potato” game, not a “make this really hard to find” game.

The ball (shape may be a water bottle or similar–I will post pic of each Calvinball that’s deployed so you know what you’re looking for) needs to be placed in “public” areas. Do not put the ball on or adjacent to military or government installations (i.e., on the grounds at the Pentagon or outside the gate at Ft Myer is a no-no). Take a picture that clearly shows where the ball is “hiding” so that seekers will have a good chance of finding it. Please place the ball during daylight hours to make the location clearer and don’t hold onto the ball for more than a few hours before redeploying it.

Each Calvinball will have a unique name and separate thread here on the forum associated with it. Make sure to post on the correct thread.

Goodies may be in the ball. Feel free to take one out to keep but put back another tchotchke in its place.

I’ll be deploying some Calvinballs this week. And if there’s a volunteer or two from the wilds of Murland who wants to coordinate Monkey and/or PG County, reach out and we can get that rolling as well.

Stay tuned!

kwarkentien
    Participant

@sszibler 227269 wrote:

I may put one out tonight. It’ll just be the one that never got picked up last year. It is full and may need a restock and tossing of items that maybe no one wanted.

Try to put it out during daylight. It needs a number and a name. Give it cb10 or higher. And start a new thread with its number and name.

Thanks!!!

kwarkentien
    Participant

Here they come. Take note of the look of these. 471b3f9c2ea34ba20ca25814206d24b9.jpg

I’ll be placing:
    #cb1/ Spokes,
    61dd8d0f8f16d867000fcd26bad41b9e.jpg

#cb2/My Precious, and
    ecf7d64e10fd6504fc18e55d1edb74bd.jpg

#cb3/NaLa.
    d419464086cb55e7f610a50145e7ac50.jpg

Look for a separate thread for each ball.

And Murlanders, [mention]Brünø Moore [/mention] may have some goodies for you too!!!!

kwarkentien
    Participant

#cb1, 2, and 3 have been deployed. Go find them.

Remember:
    1. Post as soon as you find one so others aren’t aimlessly looking for it.
    2. Redeploy as soon as you can. It’s hot potato.
    3. Hide so they’re not blatantly obvious to casual bystanders but not so much that they can’t be found.
    4. Post pix in the respective cb thread that clearly indicate where the ball is. Please do this during daylight hours. It’s too hard to determine most landmarks in the dark.
    5. Only pick up 1 ball at a time. Don’t hog 2 or 3 at once.
    6. Take an item out if you like but then replace with something else. Bikey things are the best but tissues and other cold weather things work great too.
    7. Have fun.

kwarkentien
    Participant

MOVING CALVINBALL BACK TO THE FORUM
    Now that the Forum is back up, I’d like to move Calvinball back to the Forum. I’m leaving the current statuses of the three balls in play on the Facebook page and have made sure that the Forum is likewise updated. Please use the forum threads for #cb1/Spokes, #cb2/My Precious, and #cb3/NaLa effective immediately. Thanks!!!!

Bruno Moore
    Participant

Woooo! The Mistress of The Ball of Destiny* is excited.

*AKA Amazon Witch Queen of Team 14

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.