questions about FABB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lordofthemark
    Participant

1. How do I join? go to the website?

2. I am a relative newb to cycling, but with much interest in transport policy – can I still get involved in advocacy activities? I also walk a great deal, for transport and recreationally – I understand FABB also does pedestrian advocacy – is that correct?

rcannon100
    Participant

FABB is I believe a WABA project

Get Involved

We encourage all cyclists to help make Fairfax County and Northern Virginia a better place to bike. What can you do?

Contact FABB to find out how you can work with us to accomplish our goals. Visit the Events page for information about upcoming public meetings.
    Show up for public hearings and voice your support for better bicycle facilities.
    Attend land use meetings to ensure that developers provide bicycle facilities for employees and customers. Showers, lockers, and changing rooms will encourage more employees to bike to work. Safe, secure, covered parking is needed by all cyclists at employment and retail centers.

Visit the Fairfax County Web site to find out about land use meetings in the supervisor districts. Visit the FABB site on a regular basis to learn about upcoming public meetings where your voice can be heard.

Join WABA, which supports FABB, to help “create a healthy, more livable region by promoting bicycling for fun, fitness and affordable transportation; advocating better bicycling conditions and transportation choices for a healthier environment; and educating children, adults and motorists about safe bicycling.“

Join the Virginia Bicycling Federation. VBF advocates at the state level for legislation that supports cyclists.

Join the League of American Bicyclists. The League supports many national efforts to improve conditions for cyclists.

FFX_Hinterlands
    Participant

@lordofthemark 23989 wrote:

1. How do I join? go to the website?

2. I am a relative newb to cycling, but with much interest in transport policy – can I still get involved in advocacy activities? I also walk a great deal, for transport and recreationally – I understand FABB also does pedestrian advocacy – is that correct?

Hi, please check out our website http://www.fabb-bikes.org. We’re part of WABA and we’d be happy to have your input and involvement. Much of the work we do overlaps with pedestrian advocacy, but our focus is improving conditions for bicycles in Fairfax County.

We’re having a social ride tomorrow AM if you’d like to join us. Look at our events page on our site to keep up with what’s going on.

Thanks,

Tom
    FABB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.