Proposed: Dzhoy ride

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rumipumi
    Participant

I am interested in organizing an all purple Freezing Saddles DZHOY RIDE, ideally a no drop social ride that incorporates both the actual 30 mile Dzhoy Ride Route on Ride w GPS: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43745940 AND The memorial mural. If you are a FS who is already familiar with this loop and would like to help me plan a DZHOY ride that uses this route and also stops and the mural, please let me know! And if someone is already planning this, please let me know how/if I can help!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31012[/ATTACH]

vicious_cycle
    Participant

Great idea. I’m happy to help organize.

epilsk
    Participant

Where is the mural? I know I should know – I live in Takoma Park and ride by his memorial every day. Glad to help with routing

Serdar
    Participant

If this ride happens on the weekend, I am happy to help.

LhasaCM
    Participant

@epilsk 227221 wrote:

Where is the mural? I know I should know – I live in Takoma Park and ride by his memorial every day. Glad to help with routing

The mural is on the east side of the train tracks, visible from Blair between Tuckerman and Underwood. (It’s also listed on Google Maps as a point of interest.)

There’s a thread/chat on the Facebook group that’s been discussing routing/timing/etc. Something of a plan (that includes plenty of multimodal options to join/depart for folks coming from far and wide) is starting to coalesce.

Jessica Hirschhorn
    Participant

Saturday February 17

11 AM

Starts at Union Station

30 miles, no drop.  Likely two groups (a little faster, and social) with leaders and sweeps.

Here is the RWGPS ROUTE: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/45292812

WEAR PURPLE to celebrate their DJHOY of LIFE.

See FS Facebook event.  Sign up on Google form today.

Jessica H.

Steve O
    Participant

I put this on the calendar here

Nadine
    Participant

I’m volunteering to lead a group to the ride start from Bluemont /Arlington. You can join en route too.

Just lmk….😀

We’ll probably leave Bluemont at 10

LhasaCM
    Participant

Reminder: Saturday 2/17, 11AM, Union Station.  Hope to see folks there!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.