Port City/Handy Bikes Pedal and Pints Ride Schedule

Our Community Forums Group Rides Port City/Handy Bikes Pedal and Pints Ride Schedule

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kwarkentien
    Participant

We had such a great showing by a group of Forum members for the last PnP Short Ride so it was suggested that I post the ride schedule so folks can come out whenever it fits your schedules.

2nd Saturday—Short Ride: 10 miles from Brewery around and about Holmes Run Trail, Dora Kelly Nature Center, and West End of Alexandria. Be prepared for some short, punchy hills on this route. Meet at PCBC at 10:45am for rollout at 11am.

4th Saturday—Long Ride: 30ish miles with rotating routes through VA, MD, and/or DC. Meet at PCBC at 9:45am for rollout at 10am.

Do check either Port City ([URL] https://www.portcitybrewing.com/%5B/URL%5D) or Handy Bikes ([URL] https://www.handybikesdc.com/%5B/URL%5D) website in case of inclement weather to see if ride is going off as planned.

Would love to see more folks come out and ride with us. And who needs an excuse to hang out at a brewery or a bike shop or both? Not us!!

PCBC: 3950 Wheeler Ave, Alexandria, VA 22304

Handy Bikes DC: 3800 Wheeler Ave, Alexandria, VA 22304

See you at PnP!

HandBag Cycles and the PCBC/HB Ride Marshals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterw_diy
    Participant

Sounds nice. Average pace? Drop or no-drop?

lordofthemark
    Participant

Strava says I did the last short ride at an average of 11 mph , including up hills, stops (as clipped by the garmin) etc

kwarkentien
    Participant

@peterw_diy 219879 wrote:

Sounds nice. Average pace? Drop or no-drop?

Both short and long rides are no-drop. Average speed for short ride is probably 10-12 mph overall, slower uphill and faster on flats. Long ride average is probably 13-15 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterw_diy
    Participant

Thank you, both!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.