Pit Stop Reviews

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Rockford10
    Participant

@mstone 85656 wrote:

The breakfast chinese food was great!

I stuck to the coffee and bagel.

eminva
    Participant

All right, here’s my 15 nanoseconds of fame:

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/05/bike-to-work-day-rides-on-despite-rainstorms-103205.html

Nice report overall, setting aside my contribution.

Liz

Drewdane
    Participant

Rosslyn: I was hoping for my annual replenishment/replacement of blinky lights, but they must have run out by the time I arrived at ~8:30. They were out of coffee too. :( OTOH, I got to see my good friend Dirt, and got a couple of t-shirts and a handy guide to cyclists’ legal rights in addition to the traditional water bottles and patch kits. :)

Falls Church: Officially cancelled due to weather, but Bikenetic hung around to offer moral support and trailside repairs anyway – Props!

americancyclo
    Participant

@eminva 85661 wrote:

All right, here’s my 15 nanoseconds of fame:

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/05/bike-to-work-day-rides-on-despite-rainstorms-103205.html

Nice report overall, setting aside my contribution.

Liz

You can see Shawn Dread and I leaving in the beginning of the video. His disdain for reporters is obvious.

dkel
    Participant

@eminva 85661 wrote:

Did that one guy say he rides in “anything but ice or snow”? Someone recruit him for Freezing Saddles!

vvill
    Participant

@dkel 85669 wrote:

Did that one guy say he rides in “anything but ice or snow”? Someone recruit him for Freezing Saddles!

What, for the slacker team?

Drewdane
    Participant

@DanB 85638 wrote:

Thanks to the group at Bikenetic for the $20 gift card for the few and faithful!!

Wait – what???

JAAAN!!!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5634[/ATTACH]

Justin Antos
    Participant

DanB, sorry to miss you at the East Falls Church Metro pitstop! We were huddled near the Metro station entrance to stay dry. Attendance was a little, uh, light, so we still have plenty of the “I Bike to Metro and Metro to Work” t-shirts – DM me if you want one.

Drewdane
    Participant

East Falls Church (evening)

The Good: Well… It was there

The Bad: An empty table and a volunteer pointedly packing up t-shirts half an hour prior to the posted end time.

eminva
    Participant

@Drewdane 85697 wrote:

East Falls Church (evening)

The Good: Well… It was there

The Bad: An empty table and a volunteer pointedly packing up t-shirts half an hour prior to the posted end time.

Yep, same thing. That’s what I get for working late.

Liz

Drewdane
    Participant

@eminva 85698 wrote:

Yep, same thing. That’s what I get for working late.

Liz

It was kind of irritating, since I decided to forgo the happy hour in Arlington in order to show support for this Pit Stop.

(Edit: in reply to a comment I made on their FB page, they told me they ran out of everything. Can’t fault them for that)

MM2
    Participant

@Mikey 85594 wrote:

Georgetown- First year for me coming here
    Definitely the Foodie stop – chocolate croisants, cupcakes, fresh granola, yogurt, gormet juice, etc, and coffee. Nice second breakfast.

Here is the Paul Bakery and the Sprinkles tent. Yum.
    I also visited Baked & Wired and the Mal Maison tent, in the background, but not the yogurt place.

Maybe this was unusual, though. I think they consolidated two locations in Georgetown into this one spot, at the waterfront park. It would be nice if they keep up with the great food, next year.

vvill
    Participant

@Drewdane 85699 wrote:

It was kind of irritating, since I decided to forgo the happy hour in Arlington in order to show support for this Pit Stop.

(Edit: in reply to a comment I made on their FB page, they told me they ran out of everything. Can’t fault them for that)

They didn’t have much to begin with this year – I was there with Tim Kelley at about 4:30pm and it was the smallest I’ve seen this pitstop since they started it. Perhaps weather-affected.

Phatboing
    Participant

@Drewdane 85699 wrote:

I actually saw that happen – 5.15-ish, collecting my swag (awesome Bikearlington sunglasses, no less), and while I’m stashing the sunglasses into my pannier and reach for a free bottle, a flood of cyclists descended upon the tent and took everything.

dkel
    Participant

@vvill 85673 wrote:

What, for the slacker team?

For an education!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.