Picture posting issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    AlanA
    Participant

This is the 2nd day of me not being able to upload any pictures. I still use an actual camera and upload the files from my computer/laptop.

Since many of the games involve posting pictures, this sort of takes the fun out of it for me.

If anyone has any suggestions, I’d love to hear them. (and by suggestions, I don’t mean using my phone to do this).

consularrider
    Participant

@AlanA 222775 wrote:

This is the 2nd day of me not being able to upload any pictures. I still use an actual camera and upload the files from my computer/laptop.

Since many of the games involve posting pictures, this sort of takes the fun out of it for me.

If anyone has any suggestions, I’d love to hear them. (and by suggestions, I don’t mean using my phone to do this).

Using a phone isn’t working for me

Judd
    Participant

I mostly upload pictures from my computer. It mostly works but the user interface is clunky and slow. Can you describe what’s happening when you try to upload?

@AlanA 222775 wrote:

AlanA
    Participant

@Judd 222785 wrote:

I mostly upload pictures from my computer. It mostly works but the user interface is clunky and slow. Can you describe what’s happening when you try to upload?

I chose file, then upload it.

Bikearlingtonforum.com says:
    Image#.jpg:upload of file failed

bikesnick
    Participant

@AlanA 222787 wrote:

I chose file, then upload it.

Bikearlingtonforum.com says:
    Image#.jpg:upload of file failed

I am having the same issue for the last two days.

bigredboiler
    Participant

Same issue since Tues :(
    Figured I would check here to see if it was me, my PC, or the site…..sounds like the site.

In the meantime, I did notice Tapatalk is still working (phone app).

Not sure who owns/runs the site, but hopefully it’s a known issue and someone’s on it!

Catedrew
    Participant

I’ve been having the same issue too, for the last two days.

Judd
    Participant

Booo. I’m getting the same error message.

bikingjenn
    Participant

Having trouble tonight. Was able to use Tapatalk and Forum online last night. So annoying.

Laurie E.
    Participant

Same here, I have not been able to post for 3 nights now, but the picture is posted with the ride each day on Strava.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Since this is an off and on issue, I’m not sure whether this really solves the issue or I just got lucky this time. But when I do it on the computer, I was able to choose “Insert image,” then “From URL,” then insert the URL of the image on Strava, then uncheck the box that says “Retrieve remote file and reference locally,” then click “OK.” Of course, this ends up with a humongous image. But if you become able to upload the image later, you can always edit the post.

mUd81DRqKnVN0Wovho-MgIYGqBS_k9Hh5-KzGkr71KQ-1536x2048.jpg

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

I’ve experienced this recently, too, as well as in past BAFS seasons. I find that if I logout, and then log back in, using the App on my iPhone, the problem resolves itself. Still clunky, but works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikingjenn
    Participant

I totally deleted the app on my phone. Reinstalled it and was able eventually to re-establish my login. When I downloaded the app it did show that there had been an update nine hours ago. I was able to post one picture. Haven’t been able to post another. I also was online on my computer with just the Forum. I was a lunable to upload any photos there last night and today. The time I am spending on the forum is untenable . I may have to stop playing the games, which is really sad, because they are super fun. I reached out to Tapatalk, but it appears to be a problem with the forum surprise surprise.

AlanA
    Participant

@bikingjenn 222883 wrote:

I totally deleted the app on my phone. Reinstalled it and was able eventually to re-establish my login. When I downloaded the app it did show that there had been an update nine hours ago. I was able to post one picture. Haven’t been able to post another. I also was online on my computer with just the Forum. I was a lunable to upload any photos there last night and today. The time I am spending on the forum is untenable . I may have to stop playing the games, which is really sad, because they are super fun. I reached out to Tapatalk, but it appears to be a problem with the forum surprise surprise.

I’m with you about it taking the fun out of it for me. Luckily, I can still play the games on Strava. I’ll just miss out on forum stuff.

I’ve been playing for a few years now and have always used the same method since I use a camera and not a phone (upload the picture from my laptop/computer). This is the first time I have not been able to upload pictures. It’s clearly a forum issue.

Henry
    Keymaster

Test image post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29737[/ATTACH]

We freed up some space. Try to post now.

Henry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.